Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview 12 - Clipboard Zoom self-adjusting?!

Hi all,

We have recently upgraded from Qlikview 11 to Qlikview 12 and have been experiencing a weird quirk with how it interacts with nPrinting. We have used nPrinting for ages in order to create Word report outputs from a host of Qlikview objects and never had this issue prior to the QV12 upgrade.

What is happening randomly on the outputs is that the images (pie charts, bar/line graphs etc.) are often printing out the wrong size, when they were fine previously. I've tracked this down to the 'clipboard zoom' setting under 'exports' within the 'user preferences' setting. Instead of being 100% it was set to 112%. I altered this back to 100%, saved and re-ran the report. The images then appeared fine.

HOWEVER, the following day I ran the report again and the images were the wrong size again! Clipboard zoom this time had adjusted itself to 86%!! (Remember, I had definitely saved this). I amended, resaved and re-ran and report was fine. But again, today I have run the report, images are wrong size and this time clipboard zoom says 111!!

What the hell is going on?! How/why is this happening? Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. Yes sr matters. I actually think you are running unsupported combination of nprinting and qlikview. You need to upgrade nprinting to version 16.6 or 16.7

Cheers 

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Lee,

this is very weird behavior indeed. lets start with few details:

• What Qlik version are you on? 12.0 initial release - you don't say the exact version and some are not compatible with NPrinitng.
  • I understand that QlikView server and desktop are @ the same version and SR
  • What NPrinting version are you on? You don't mention this at all and differnet versions behave differently.

Check those topics for Qlik compatibility with NPrinitng:

Nprinting february 2018 (18.0.3)

NPrinting 16.3 compatible with QlikView 12.20

please provide little bit more details regarding your environment. Also please check which user were you logged in as when setting up clipboard zoom level - please remember that you need to do this when logged in as NPrinting service account user (as this is user specific setting).

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Qlikview version is: 12.10.20400.0 SR6

nPrinting version is: 16.2.0.0 (SR2)

Does the difference between the SR numbers above cause issues? I don't even know what this means!!

I was logged in as the same user on every occasion this has happened. It's most odd!

Thanks,

Lee

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. Yes sr matters. I actually think you are running unsupported combination of nprinting and qlikview. You need to upgrade nprinting to version 16.6 or 16.7

Cheers 

Lech

leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Cheers Lech - have contacted our IT administrators to find out what's the most up-to-date desktop version of NPrinting we're able to get. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your help.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Lee,

I hope this will fix the problem you have. Please make sure that IT admins read this document:

Requirements for NPrinting 16.x.x.x versions only

There is a list of all supported versions of OS, QlikView version and NPrinting versions.

please keep us posted if this will resolve your issue as it will be very usefull to know what was causing it.

regards

Lech

massimilianoruf
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, I have the same issue with QV 12.20 SR3 and NPrinting 16 SR8. Any suggestion? Thanks, Massimiliano