Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brenests77
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview NPrinting 16 connection error

Hello community,

We have Qlikview April 2019 SR3 and our users try to make a conection to a qvw file using Qlikview NPrinting 16.

But they got this error when try to load qvw file from server in conection wizard:

System call failed.

There is no permissions change on Qlikview Server or network ports.

Any idea what might be happening?

Kind regards.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is not supported configuration, your version of NPrinting does not support QlikView April 2019. 

Even the latest version of NPrinting 16 (16.9) only supports officialy QlikVIew until v12.2 SR8 (November 2017).

Never versions of  QlikView are supported only by NPrinting 17+.

Have a look at release notes and documentation for more info.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is not supported configuration, your version of NPrinting does not support QlikView April 2019. 

Even the latest version of NPrinting 16 (16.9) only supports officialy QlikVIew until v12.2 SR8 (November 2017).

Never versions of  QlikView are supported only by NPrinting 17+.

Have a look at release notes and documentation for more info.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Jbekhazi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, I am facing the same issue when trying to generate specific reports from one .qvw file only, while other reports from different dashboards seem to be working fine. 

Also in some instances the file is opened successfully but the error appears when the report is being produced.

If we revert to an older version of qlikview will that solve the issue?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't know anything about your environment so I will not comment if rolling back is going to fix the issue.

All what I am stating is that there is no NPrinting 16.X support for the version of QlikView used in this topic hence we cannot expect it to work.