Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_murkle_man
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview NPrinting 18 Trigger Qvw Refresh within On Demand

Hi Guys,

We have recently upgraded from NPrinting 16 to the September 2018 release and I had a question about triggering QVW reloads using the On Demand extension.

We have a report which is currently scheduled and sent out a monday morning, with users than sporadically refreshing and exporting the report throughout the week using On Demand.

Within NP16 I had created a "Dummy Dashboard" which contained the built in NP extension objects which allowed users to refresh the report and then export it.

Doing some reading online I can see this is no longer supported due to the in built 'On Demand' button within the access point.

Is there a way to trigger the QVW to reload from the 'On Demand' add in or if not is there a workaround using NPrinting which will trigger the QVW refresh?

Due to the sporadic nature of exporting the report, I dont really want to set the refresh to a higher frequency apart from when it is needed.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could check this article How to use Qlik NPrinting APIs inside a Qlik Sense load script.

Do you want to reload the data in a QlikView document? In Qlik NPrinting 16 it was supported for local .QVWs but it is not available in 17+.

On-Demand is supported via Access Point only for connections to QlikView https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Intro-On-Demand.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
the_murkle_man
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I did have a read of the NPrinting API article which you have linked, but am I right in saying that will trigger NPrinting reports from a scheduled reload within the QMC?

Do you want to reload the data in a QlikView document? In Qlik NPrinting 16 it was supported for local .QVWs but it is not available in 17+.

I do yes, similar to the NP16 Reload Task, previously I was able to create buttons within a dashboard which allowed users to refresh the data and then export the report.

Is this something that is no longer possible at all?

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm taking time to investigate. I never do a similar task.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
the_murkle_man
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Did you ever manage to find a solution or workaround to this?

Thanks

Bob