cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Nprinting 17.3.1: Users are not getting updated through Import task

Hi Guys,

I am using the import task in Nprinitng 17.3.1 to import the user details. I have 8 groups.Each user is may or may not be the part of more than one group.

The problem is, suppose Today Nikhil is a part of Group 7A. So he will receive the mail for 7A. Tomorrow he is not part of group 7A so he should not receive he mail. I updated the group information in the import excel. But even if i ran the import task, Nikhil remains the part of Group 7A and receives the mail for the same.

In short, existing users and groups are not getting updated. I checked the checkbox for 'Update users if modified' for the Import task.

Please respond ASAP.

2 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I know it was a problem in nprinting version 17.x

See also below:

Re: NPrinting 17.2 Import Task of Recipients dont update users

I didn't test it in a newer version like 17.4

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

This works as designed and is well described in help document!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Imp...

• Groups: list of groups for a user, separated by commas.
  • Roles: list of roles for a user, separated by commas.When importing users with groups or roles:
    • if groups or roles added in the row for a user do not exist, they will be automatically created.
    • existing associations with groups and roles will not be removed if not present in the update row. An import can only add associations with roles and groups for a user, but not remove them.

As a workaround you can have 2 tasks - first task will run and remove users which were imported previously, and second task will load them again with new/updated records.

hope this helps

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.