Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Nprinting lagging when generating report

Hi,

I have been battling the whole day with Nprinting.

I have tried to send myself a Powerpoint  report via the task but it is not working. 

The status keeps on "running" for hours.

I tried putting on filters but still cant generate the Powerpoint report. What could be the problem?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Before you read rest of it - make sure you know that I wrote all below in good faith and with little bit of humor as it will allow you to understand where I am coming from and get you to see my point of view...

so..

I suggest study - first: https://help.qlik.com

To answer your question we must:

• know size of your QlikView app
  • does application have section access
  • are you at least a recipient of this report
  • is there any condition on the report
  • what is in the logs
  • what is in task execution page
  • is the app optimized for use with NPrinting
  • know if app meets all requirements from help page
  • know the type of connection you configured (Local, QVP or Claster)?
  • know hardware specs of your QlikVIew and NPrinting
  • know performance impact on the server
  • know how publish task is configured 
  • know how recipient is configured
  • know the PPT template
    • this requires knowledge about objects you used and the way they are sourced from QlikVIew
    • are those object minimized in your source document
    • and many many more...

there is so much that giving us information that you just battled with NPrinting a day and it did not work has nothing to do with indicating problem. We need specifics

I ask direct and little bit rude question

- Are you experienced Qlik developer? If you are we are 50% good.

- Are you experienced NPrinting developer? If you are please provide the above information as you know they very important to be able to answer your question, If you are not though i suggest you should start from getting training first. 

NPrinting is enterprise tool which requires thorough QlikView/Qlik Sense application knowledge which is used to design proper source application for use with NPrinting. Self learning in this case may not work or will be hard. Community is not a teaching platform. For that i suggest to go to https://learning.qlik.com/

Just assume that you want to learn other programming language and you ask question like...

"I am trying to build single page web application in React but it does not work, what am i doing wrong?"

This is the type of question we are facing now, right? I hope you see my point here. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.