Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikview and Nprinting in Servers Diferents

Good afternoon,

Lately I have presented some problems in my connections of Nprinting, that is to say, sometimes it does not update the information in my scheduled reports.

It is also very complex to interpret the errors placed in Logs.

-They have also been reloading my connections when I give them reload metadata.

-I have had to stop services and recharge each source and these are composed.

-The emails that come to me from the reports sometimes arrive without the file.

Currently Nprinting is installed inside a server and Qlikview Server is located in the same Server, so the Nprinting and Qlikview connections are Local.

Version Nprinting 17.3.1.0

The features of my server are:

-Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

-64 in Ram

-Operating System: 64 bits, x64 processor

-Processor: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU ES-2603 v3

What do you recommend doing? It is better to separate the environments ?? or are there other configurations that can be made ??

Is it possible to receive an alert when Nprinting fails?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Separate Environments for QlikView and NPrinting are documented requirement.

Please use separate servers and separate NPrinting service account from QV service account.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-unsupported-co...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.htm

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Separate Environments for QlikView and NPrinting are documented requirement.

Please use separate servers and separate NPrinting service account from QV service account.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-unsupported-co...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.htm

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

totaly agree with Frank.

and as a general rule - read whole help document regarding requirements, settings etc before assuming that something will work.

https://help.qlik.com - this should be your first destination!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm not assuming I'm asking what I can do.

Thank you for the info

gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much now with this information, it is just what I need, we will take the recommended measures.

Greetings.

gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Frank, Thank you very much now with this information, it is just what I need, we will take the recommended measures.

Greetings.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

apologies - i did not mean to offend you. What i meant is that help document provides all sorts of guides how to install Nprinting and you would avoid installing it on the same machine with QlikView which is basically unsupported configuration.

Also - try to get an basic understanding what is the Local/QVP/Claster connection. Local connection can be the worst solution due to many reasons. I have answered tens of questions why Local connection should not be used with NPrintig and why QVP is a better choice.

for example: Re: What are the benefits of using a server connection over a local connection?

I also suggest to get a proper training in NPrinting. It is not a tool you can learn by playing with it as it requires very good knowledge of both QlikVIew and NPrinitng - so to cut the story short NPrinting development starts in proper Qlik app development which is 70% of success and then remaining part is 30% (right template and right NPrinitng configuration)

hope this helps.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Not at all, I thank you have confirmed what Frank mentioned is that the company's management is seeing these errors and is investing in a server to separate Nprinting and remain on the other server Qlikvew server only they have a lot of doubts desi with that the problems What we have is going to be solved or they will stay.

With this information many doubts that we had are solved but it gives them fear to the directions to invest and that does not work.

What capacities do you recommend for a server that is in production that has Nprinting installed? Lech Miszkiewicz?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - In terms of performance i would suggest read help document again:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.htm

Keep in mind that most of the heavy work will be done on QlikView server, so NPrinitng does not have to be a powerful machine.

In attached link note that too much CPU reduces performance of NPrinting with QlikVIew!

regards

Lech

gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much lech_miszkiewicz, for the information with this we can begin to solve the problems we have had and be sure of what we have to have as resources to have a stable platform.