Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Qonnections 2019 – Qlik NPrinting Automation with the Qlik REST Connector

Hey everyone!

Qlik NPrinting tasks can be chained to other Qlik tasks and executed from within a load script. This allows for full automation of the reporting workflow and creates dependencies with existing tasks, such as reloads. All of this can be done natively trough the Qlik NPrinting public APIs and the standard Qlik REST Connector.

Learn how to extend Qlik NPrinting into the Qlik platform with this approach at QlikQonnections.com

Regards,
John Teichman
Labels (1)
4 Replies
PrashantSangle

wow that is really great.

I love to learn such automation. due to personal reason it is not possible for me to attend qonnections. Is it possible to you share video of it, after qonnections?

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Qonnections - great idea to go and learn new stuff - so yeah LETS GO!! 🙂

This was however already discussed step-by-step a long time ago and here is a link how to do Qlik NPrinting Automation with the Qlik REST Connector.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-use-Qlik-NPrinting-APIs-inside-a-Qli...

Gianluca prepared very detailed instructions (literlly anyone can set it up). I am currently working on the post on my blog in which i will include QlikView and Qlik Sense samples with extended version of the same, robust code to run some of the major supported commands like, GetApps, Connections, Reload connection metadata, Trigger Task etc...which you would just configure using few variables. It will be available on https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/ 

I will be posting info when this is done sometime next week.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Stephen_Jasionowski

@Lech_Miszkiewicz there will be some new content in the Qonnections session that goes beyond the document that Gianluca prepared. For example, we now have a way to assign different filters to a single user, something that was possible in NP16 where user ID was the unique identifier unlike NP17+ which uses email.

This approach uses a REST connector qlik script to "cycle" a publish task by doing this: 1) update user filters 2) run task 3) remove user filters ... then repeat for the next task/filter combination.

Also in June 2019, we will include an API call to run an existing user import task, one key component that was missing from the full NP workflow prior to sending out reports.

Stay tuned...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Stephen_Jasionowski 

Thanks for update - all functionalities you mentioned are already released in form of simple qlik Subroutines  packaged as a QVS library. I released it on community few weeks ago here: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-API-Qlik-Rest-SubRoutines/m-p/156...

It covers all tasks listed on image (everything you mentioned).

btw - looking forward to June 2019 - it will simplify recipient import/update

Capture.PNG

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.