Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obulreddy1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Question on adding Nprinting filters using Recipients.xls excel document ?

I have a Qlik Nprinting report for which the filters are being added using the Recipients.xls file in the below URL.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-...

I could able to upload the recipients.xls file and create the filters. But, I have one filter with which I'm having trouble with. Here is some background about it. I have a party name field which needs to be added as a filter for an Nprinting report and I've got 105000 values in it. Out of which 66658 values needs to be added into the party name filter.  But, looks like each cell in the excel can hold up to only 65535 characters in it. However, in my case, the no.of values itself is around 66658 which is far higher than the character limit for excel cell. Manually creating the filter in nprinting for this filter is very tedious given the no.of values in it. 

Does any one know any workaround to achieve this in a different way ?

Thanks,

Obulreddy

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Move logic to Qlik Script for party names to be included in a filter and create party_included_flag field in your Qlik datamodel with true/false or 1/0 values. There is really no point maintaining filter in NPrinting which lists such huge amount of records. Instead you would have just filter in NPrinting with one value (true or 1) and what is included under 1 or true is calculated in Qlik script.

If you have multiple variations of parties included instead of flag you may need to create grouping dimension.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Obulreddy1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech, Thanks for your suggestion, I did create a flag in the Qlikview document instead of applying filters in nprinting. This did ease lot of burden on the nprinting server for sure. The filter is perfectly working in the qlikview reporting. But, I'm seeing a lot of difference in the record count in my nprinting report. In the Qlikview report, I'm seeing 5400 records where as in the nprinting report I'm only seeing 440 records. I did verify each filter carefully and haven't added any extra filters. And I couldn't understand why there is a lot missing records. Any pointers ? 

Thanks,

Obulreddy

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is quite strange... but

• I know you said you did not add any other filters... so just checking:
    • do you maybe have any recipient/user filters in NPrinting created which get intersected?
      • also any remaining report filters?
    • is there section access on the QlikView document?
    • is your qlikview supported (no alternate states, no triggers, no always one selected values, no webview)?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.