Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II

Recipient is not getting Updated in Nprinting 16

Hello ,

I Have excel file with filters(sales code),report name and the email address . Based on the filter the report will be delivered to the email address.

Things i have done :

Mapped the report name as Group 1 and sales code column as filter 1 and so on, Whenever there is a new row added/updated in the excel,the  recipient list is not getting updated.

I tired the same way using Qlikview Entity, That is also not working

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You have to create import recipient task and run it every time you do change in recipient list in XLS with the proper parameters.

Do you do that? I assume not as you do not mention about this step.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

detailed instructions here:\

How to Create and Import Recipients with Filters and Distribution Groups

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry, I failed to mention that, I have created a Import recipient task and made it run. In log i could see the status like recipient list get updated, but when i see in the recipient, there were no updated recipient added

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What about this step?

Configure-Import-Recipient-Task.png

also look at filters syntax here:

Filter Syntax, Parameters, and Options for Importing Recipients

There must be something wrong with the files or steps you are doing as this was always working functionality.

regards

Lech

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am following the same steps as it is in the above link. If i add new row to the excel and run the import recipient task, the added row is getting updated and the last row in the excel( The row before the new row added is getting deleted).

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

rpc

Could you please help me on this

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Below the steps i am following :

Hitting db and pulling the recipient list and saving it as .CSV file.

The .csv fields contains filter, email address.

paste.PNG

I am importing above .csv files into Nprinting and mappigna s below

paste 2.PNG

The filters ans the recipient are getting added in the Nprinting. but when i add new recipient , the log file shows that new recipient is imported, but the email id's and filter are not getting added in the Nprinting.

paste 3.PNG