Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayuresh_d
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reduce Time for report generation in n-printing

Hi All,

We have more than 1000 files to be send via mail for diff user. All reports are generated through cyclic field

Currently its taking more than 10 hours to generate and send files to users.

Please help, so that i can reduce this time by at least 3-4 hours.

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies
mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Try to keep qvw optimized, remove all unwanted fields or columns and granularity on which you are showing report , make sure you are creating cyclic field on same granularity or cut for which you want report to avoid extra calculation time.

czm
Employee
Employee

Hi Mayuresh,

which NP version are you running?
Are you using a SenseConnection or a QlikView connection (or both) for you task?

Best regards,
Carlo

mayuresh_d
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Carlo I am using N-printing 16.0.0.0  and using qlikview connection.

mayuresh_d
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Mangal ,ok I will try this

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Wait for September release of NPrinting 17 which will have cycle functionality. Are you using embeded HTML or some other functionality currently not supported by NP17?  If not - then i would give a go with upgrade!

Maybe then you will be able to leverage multi-threading of NPrinting 17 as oposed to NP16 but also read this post where i list all good practices:

QVW size limitations with NPrinting 17

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

I was wondering whether it also supports mail body

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do you mean embeded HTML report in email body? I am not aware of this feature beeing released in September

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Yes html or image which we can show in mail body because this is the measure feature we are using and it is not supported in NPrinting 17 i guess

Not applicable

The embed HTML/Image feature is scheduled for November 2017

We hope to have a tech preview out in October