Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glacoste
Creator
Creator

Refresh fields of a level - PixelPerfect ?

Hi,

I created a perfect pixel report with a table using levels. This work ok, but recently I add a new column in the table on the qvw origin file, but the new column (field) is not refresh in pixel perfect.  The report is complex so I need refresh the tree of object of the level, I would not like to have to drop/add the level and drop all the fields again in the report.

Is possible only refresh the object tree in pixel perfect?

I'm use Nprinting February 2018.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to remove and add again the updated object in the template.

After you need to bind again the each field to the related template object by clicking on the smart tag in the upper right corner and opening the Data Binding drop down list.

010.jpg

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi.

once you refresh metadata in connection go to your pixel perfect template, expand your level node, right click and choose "Update" option.

This should update your "Level" fields with the new added column

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
glacoste
Creator
Creator
Author

lech_miszkiewicz‌, In PixelPerfect not exist the "Update" option in the context menu . I'm doing something wrong?

2018-07-10 09_40_39-qlikview_test.cramer.cl - Conexión a Escritorio remotoBORDE.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to remove and add again the updated object in the template.

After you need to bind again the each field to the related template object by clicking on the smart tag in the upper right corner and opening the Data Binding drop down list.

010.jpg

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am sorry Gustavo - you are right. I took it for granted and did not check in actual PP designer.

Form what rpc‌ says there is no way of updating just filed. Seems like a lot of work or .... think twice before you create Pixel Perfect report and decide to do changes in it.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
glacoste
Creator
Creator
Author

OK, thanks for the answers.