Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II

Reloading Npringting connection metadeta post qlikview task relaod or through QMC

Hello All,

Is there anyway to trigger or reload nprinting connection metadata through QMC post successful reload of Rask?

Currently my nprinting reports are not refreshing post reload of application though QlikView application is having updated data.

I have tried all the suggestion or solutions available on community for data not refreshing in nprinting report. Also tried to work with QVP connection but it not working and getting an error like document already exist.

Whenever I am reloading metadata the report is getting refreshed with latest data. 

Hence I am looking for some resolution which would refresh nprinting connection metadata

Kindly provide some solutions.

Regards,

Imran K

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

just wanted to add that the error you are getting when setting up qvp is indicating that you are typing wrong connection string  (which is not a UNC path to your file)

refer to https://help.qlik.com for all requirements and steps how to setup qvp connection!

khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II
Author

My Post connections is throwing an error which i have mentioned below;

let vEndpoint= vNPrintingServer & '/api/v1/connections/' & vTaskID &'/executions'

RestNPTaskTriggerTable:
SQL SELECT
"__KEY_data",
"id",
"task",
"status"
FROM JSON (wrap off) "data" PK "__KEY_data"
WITH CONNECTION( URL "$(vEndpoint)", HTTPHEADER "cookie" "$(vCookie)");

TaskExecution:
LOAD [id],
[task],
[status]
RESIDENT RestNPTaskTriggerTable
//WHERE NOT IsNull([__FK_items]);

let vTaskExecutionID=peek('id',0,'TaskExecution');

DROP TABLE RestNPTaskTriggerTable;
drop table TaskExecution;

Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Execution Failed
Execution finished.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you read documentation i have given you a link to? 404 error is documented there and indicates that you are passing wrong connection Id. So you definitely doing something wrong in your script logic. Are you able to share your whole script? As you need to get authenticated, get the session cookie variable, pass it along with other post requests, get the right app id and right connection id and only then you can reload metadata and check reload status. Your script clearly does not do it all. 

I understand that you could "hardcode" connection id, but are you doing it?

Steps in instruction file are written very well. If you would follow all of them and meet all requirements then you should not have any issues with setting it up - just do not cut corners and try to understand what happens at each step of the script.

cheers

Lech