Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sgiri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Repeat Table header row in Qlik Nprinting Word Report

Hello All, 

I have created a word report in Qlik Nprinting and I have followed the steps to repeat the header row of the table to all pages. But it did not work as expected. Is Someone facing the issue ? Any Solution please. 

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

great question 🙂 

Try to describe properly what you did and what you expect to get, also provide an example of the existing functionality in MsWord which you want to use and which did not work in NPrinting.

My answer to your question based on info you have given us:

If you are trying to build a report in Word and insert a table  with the header repeated on each page that is definitely possible and works. Steps:

1. Open NPrinting designer (for Word template report)
  2. From Word tools menu choose: Insert -->Table--> You need to create 2 rows and X number of columns (depending on how many columns you need in your report
  3. From left panel you need to Click on "Tables"-->"Add objects" and add table you want to use as source (it needs to be obviously straight table!!! if you want to have ability to configure it)
  4. From properties panel choose "Show header" Hide
  5. In your report Word table type in column names which will be used as headers. If names need to be dynamic create NPrinting Formulas for them and drag-n-drop them in appropriate cells
  6. Expand your source table to see your columns
  7. Drag-n-drop columns on your template
  8. Copy paste individual tags into your second row of the table you created
  9. Once all copied delete table below
  10. Highlight the first row (Right click--> Table Properties-->Row-->Check: Repeat as header row at the top of each page

In screenshot below I tried to use the same numbers for your reference as well as show you result.

In the future - I suggest to spend time describing problem as good as possible, creating screenshots and steps you have taken. I spent some time answering question which I am only assuming is what you want, but I am not sure if this is what you are after. If you are not then I just wasted 20 minutes ... so, yeah - hope this will help

cheers

Lech

1.png2.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

great question 🙂 

Try to describe properly what you did and what you expect to get, also provide an example of the existing functionality in MsWord which you want to use and which did not work in NPrinting.

My answer to your question based on info you have given us:

If you are trying to build a report in Word and insert a table  with the header repeated on each page that is definitely possible and works. Steps:

1. Open NPrinting designer (for Word template report)
  2. From Word tools menu choose: Insert -->Table--> You need to create 2 rows and X number of columns (depending on how many columns you need in your report
  3. From left panel you need to Click on "Tables"-->"Add objects" and add table you want to use as source (it needs to be obviously straight table!!! if you want to have ability to configure it)
  4. From properties panel choose "Show header" Hide
  5. In your report Word table type in column names which will be used as headers. If names need to be dynamic create NPrinting Formulas for them and drag-n-drop them in appropriate cells
  6. Expand your source table to see your columns
  7. Drag-n-drop columns on your template
  8. Copy paste individual tags into your second row of the table you created
  9. Once all copied delete table below
  10. Highlight the first row (Right click--> Table Properties-->Row-->Check: Repeat as header row at the top of each page

In screenshot below I tried to use the same numbers for your reference as well as show you result.

In the future - I suggest to spend time describing problem as good as possible, creating screenshots and steps you have taken. I spent some time answering question which I am only assuming is what you want, but I am not sure if this is what you are after. If you are not then I just wasted 20 minutes ... so, yeah - hope this will help

cheers

Lech

1.png2.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.