cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Report constantly updating when no update has happened

I have a weird one that maybe you guys can shed some light on.

I have an up to date cached report.

When i go into preview it I get a dataentity error message like the report isnt up to date.

I click to update the objects in this case a straight table and run the preview this time it generates and the same 4 fields keep not displaying.

<=[Activity ID]>

<=AGGR(DISTINCT [%ClaimKey],[%ActivityKey])>

<=AGGR(MAX(DATE([Claim Submitted Date],'DD/MM/YYYY')),[%ActivityKey])>

<=IF([_ApprovedFlag]='True',[Activity Status],null())>

The rest of the fields generate fine its these same fields each time.

In case you think its the <= part I have plenty of fields that have start and it works fine

<=Date([Activity Start Date],'DD/MM/YYYY')>

Any suggestions?

Regards

Andy

3 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

A little update on my issue.

I click on the update objects and it tells me I have no updates but when I look in the field list I

see the following

<=[Activity ID]_2> so its randomly added a _2 to the field and has keep format checked which id taken off the table.

I repeat no change to the app or cache refresh has taken place.

Does anyone know what is going on in this case.  why is NPrinting adding these random suffixes to fields?

Not applicable

The _2 is appended to the field name when you add the object to the report more than once.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I thought that was the case but it doesnt keep the reference when I open the report it forgets and generates another new suffix or removes it so breaking it.  How can I stop this happening?

It cant be uncommon to have objects with the same field names in the same report.  Is this a bug?