Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator

Report on Nprinting users using API

Hello,

I am not sure if this is possible ,but I get a lot of queries around who gets what report? when do they get it? what filters are applied to them?

it is possible through api to get a list of Nprinting :

User | Email | Filters |Filter list | Apps | Groups | App task trigger time|

I have seen a lot of post to GET individual Items (User,Filters) but need help combining all into one table.

Thanks 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Two things:

1. Audit Logs are now available starting from Nov. 2020 NPrinting and later versions

2. The API library is extended to include API to extract audit data from Nov. 2020 NPrinting and later versions

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @ericdelaqua 

Interesting Question! I do see  'get' API methods and models in the API library...but I personally haven't seen any one post code here in the community as to how to do it specifically yet. Perhaps someone here who has done it will offer a solution to your question.

In the meantime,  if you are using an Import Task to import that very information by any chance?

If yes, that very information is configured in the recipient import file. You would only need to get a hold of that file to get the information you need. 

It may contain password info as well so whomever manages that file for your organization would need to redact those fields as needed. (assuming your organization uses this import method).

I've attached a sample import file for your convenience.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

you make a good point about getting most of the information from the import template. I guess it will just be cool to GET all the information directly from the call because we have attributes that are not defined in the import file including tasks and schedules.

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

Good point @ericdelaqua 

Does any one else here in this forum have any thoughts on @ericdelaqua 's question? Can you share the API code if so?

esequieltomaz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @ericdanqua ,

Were you able to generate the information you needed?

I have the same doubt. I didn't find anything that links the reports, tasks and users.

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

Two things:

1. Audit Logs are now available starting from Nov. 2020 NPrinting and later versions

2. The API library is extended to include API to extract audit data from Nov. 2020 NPrinting and later versions

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What about NPrinting Governance Dashboard? Isn't that good enough for what you need it for? https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538

This is very good base to start with and you can easily enrich it to include information you need.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
esequieltomaz
Contributor II
Contributor II

yes, it answered me, but I would like to know the solution through the api too.

tks