Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Report with Cycle and condition - Doesn't work

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a report with a cycle and a condition.

The report is cycled on a dimension and works just fine. It creates a report for every dimension value in the dimension.
The problem starts when I try to add a condition. I only want NPrinting to make a report when the value of a variabele is 1 for that specific cycle dimension value. This doesn't seem to work. It seems the condition only checks once and than creates all of the reports. 

I also tried not using the condition in the reports but in the task but that didn't work either.

Anybody that has any tips/tricks for me to get this to work?

Thank you in advance.

Some screenshots for reference

ConditionConditionReport CycleReport CycleTask Report ConditionTask Report Condition

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi,
I would make sure i run June 2019 version which allows for Advanced search filters. This would allow to filter out dimension values in a cycle which dont meet require criteria, hence your task would only produce reportsfor cycled value meeting criteria

More here:
https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi,
I would make sure i run June 2019 version which allows for Advanced search filters. This would allow to filter out dimension values in a cycle which dont meet require criteria, hence your task would only produce reportsfor cycled value meeting criteria

More here:
https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

This works!
Happy to fix this problem now. I'll have to remember this.

Also thanks for the link to the nprintingadventures post. This helped out a lot

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No worries. 

With nprintingadventures - I kind of thought about the most common issues when I wrote those posts there...

keep checking this blog for new tips and tricks