Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report with Powerpoint - two questions

Hi everyone

I´m working with Nprinting, creating a report with Powerpoint.

I´m trying to create slide heading.I´m following these steps (from this link: How to Use Pages to Generate Individual Slides in PowerPoint for Each Combination of Multiple Field ...😞

"

...Expand TB04_Page - Table for Field Combination Pages in NPrinting node

Compose the slide heading, dragging the Country and Year node tokens and dropping them in the appropriate positions..."

I have already created two node tokens (separately), one in the first slide and another in the second slide. They work fine. It just, in another new slide (and empty) I want to create another heading using two node tokens.

The problems comes:

When I have dragged and dropped the node token (just one field) and set the preview, it doesn´t work. It just show the code but not what should shown. (with the two previous slides, it works just fine, but now, with this new one it just doen´t work anymore).

2º When I try to compose the slide heading with two fields. I don´t know how to do it.(see attachement)

Thank you.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I just found out one of my questions:

2º" When I try to compose the slide heading with two fields. I don´t know how to do it.(see attachement)"

Answer: It requieres create first a table:

1- First you need to create a table in your  qvw with the info you want. For example, a table with two fields.
2- Create the table in Nprinting. In the edit template screen, you have to create in "tables" the one you want to add.
3- In "page" add the table you just created.

Nonetheless, I still having the first issue:
"When I have dragged and dropped the node token (just one field) and set the preview, it doesn´t work. It just show the code but not what should shown."

Testing different ways to solve this matter I have found a curious result. If I "tag" the node tokens I want with a page that already have one node working, it make works fine the node tokens I have put (the new one). It´s odd. Of course, this method produced that the node token that already was working, now stop working.

It seems like it´s impossible to have to node tokens working at the same time, unless you create a table.

::::UPDATE::::

I  have found the answer to my first question too:

"When I have dragged and dropped the node token (just one field) and set the preview, it doesn´t work. It just show the code but not what should shown."

The solution for this was rather simple. The reason why I couldn´t make work my node: It is a bug (one I hope the developers take good note and fix this!). I have had to restart the report from scratch and re do completely. Follow the same steps and works.