Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiegoF
Creator
Creator

Request failed On-Demand, Pages limitations maybe?

Hi, 

So I have this On-Demand Excel report (.xlsx) in which I create a new sheet for each person (with the feature: Pages) it finds in the filters in the QlikSense App, and put in each respective sheet, the persons data, calculations or whatever.  

I have a problem in which if there is too much people, the On-Demand doesn´t generate it and it´s error says "Request failed", but if I filter with some of them, it generates it all good.

Is there a limitation to this feature or what could be happening?

Thanks in regards.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

sure - it is likely this. 

Excel does not allow for 2 sheets with the same name and since excel is not case sensitive scenario you describe is likely the case. 

solution would be to add numerical suffix to such field values to ensure they are unique also in excel.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you have any fields with "Always one selected values" in your Qlik Sense app?

If you do then those are not supported and must be removed.

check documentation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

...Or if you have any filters set on report (other than selections applied by users) then those can result in empty set and cause similar error.

DiegoF
Creator
Creator
Author

I don´t have any filters applied to the report in NPrinting, I have 2 created but I´m not applying them. And I think I dont have anything of the unsupported qliksense objects but I´m not sure. I think it has to be with the number of persons as I mentioned before, because it´s the only logical thing I can figure.

Ok, if I get more than x persons, it just doens´t do it (limitations?) but if I select below the x amount of persons it does generate. So that´s why I don´t know, if NPrinting has this limitation, because it´s creating a lot of new sheets with tables and maybe theres a limit, or limitation in generating data in general, because theres a ton of data that I do filter (10 years).

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is not NPrinting but EXCEL limitation is 255 sheets. Is that the number of sheets you are creating or going over?

DiegoF
Creator
Creator
Author

Mmm then no, the maximum persons are 31 then it has to be something mentioned above I guess? But I don´t know why it works with some and not with all of them, it doesn´t make sense to me, why some?

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

More on that:

@Ruggero_Piccoli - I guess this is something R&D would have to confirm as it kind of touches the IP of NPrinting. 

Excel by default can be created with up to 255 sheets at once, but after that extra sheets can be added, so if NPrinting simply adds sheets on one-by-one basis it should still work and the limitation would be NPrinting server resources.

@DiegoF - have you tried running this report from Publish task? What is the  magic "x persons" number you are talking about? Is it 10, 100, or maybe 1000 or more?  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Excel sheets may not accept some characters. Are there any unusual characters in values you are using in <Page> node?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@DiegoF

It would be interesting to know if the same filters work in some instances but fails in others.

If you are able to reproduce the behavior ie I more than 30 users on the system or less that 30 users on the system (generating reports simultaneously) with failures with more than thirty and success with thirty or less., this would certainly merit opening a support case for deeper investigation.

Otherwise please have a look at these articles for known 'request failed' know issues and solutions:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
DiegoF
Creator
Creator
Author

I thought of that but all the "rare" characters show perfectly, for example: . , ñ, all of them are shown in the sheets name, so it´s not that.

Regardless, I´ll try to do it again from scratch as a new report because maybe there is something conflictive in the main one right now.