Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Required NPrinting document

Hi All,

I'm a beginner to NPrinting and have no idea on how to generate reports and how to export it to PDF or some other formats.

There's a client requirement to have NPrinting for the generation of reports and publishing it to various users. Also, they want some technique to export the report in PPT, PDF or some other formats. I need help of someone who's aware of all these terms.

Could anyone please help me out on this ASAP? Thanks.

Regards,

Zain Shaikh

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Zain,

I can help you, but you need to be more precise - as your request is sort of like : I need help....

• what version of NPrinitng?
  • connecting to QlikSense or QlikView?
  • Do you have report templates?
  • Do you know how those reports need to look like?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

If i be true to your questions then my answer is, yet i didn't got access to their environment. Means no idea to all the questions that you asked above.

The only thing i'm just wondering that, suddenly if they ask me to do so; What should i do? For this reason, i raised this question to the community so that,i'll be ready to atleast some aspects.

Hope you understand. Thanks for the valuable response.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

depending on requirement there you may need to ask specific questions. It is not easy to answer them in advance as there is to many factors you don't know.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Exactly! I'll raise these questions to the customers and hope i'll get the valuable feedback from them.

Thanks and Regards,

Zain

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the support. I'll check these links and hope it'll help me.

Regards,

Zain

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This topic is more advanced than you think

At first you need to understand source (QlikView or QlikSense) application. Understand how data model looks like, how application is build and so on...

The next thing to consider is whether or not it is possible to utilize it to build NPrinting reports (how much of existing requirement is actually built) - If not you may need to build new Qlik app from scratch, this may require a lot of changes.

Another thing is to consider limitations of NPrinting and knowledge how NPrinting is working - there is not straight answer to this as it requires simply experience.

go through help document as a good start i guess and also read about limitations and features.

regards

Lech

Not applicable
Author

Yeap! I'm experienced in QlikView development. I've developed many application for different client in different departments however, i never tried NPrinting. So, i was trying to get some stuffs on it.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

then start learning - get a trial license from Qlik, install NPrinting on your laptop and play with it.

cheers

Lech