cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restrict Reports on On-Demand Generation

Hello All,

I was just wondering if there is any way to filter the On-Demand Reports that are available to the Users based on the App they are Using. 

Let me brief more about it. So we have setup an application on NPrinting and Under this App, there are 3 connections. One for each app. These apps are Based on Territory.

So One NPrinting App -> Application_X

Three Nprinting Connections under the App -> Application_EMEA, Application_LATAM,  Application_NA

Lets say all the Connections have 3 Reports under them Each

Application_EMEA -> EMEA_Report_1, EMEA_Report_2, EMEA_Report_3

Application_LATAM-> LATAM_Report_1, LATAM_Report_2, LATAM_Report_3

Application_NA-> NA_Report_1, NA_Report_2, NA_Report_3

Now Coming to the Qlik Sense Application : I have setup the Extension for On-Demand Report Generation inside the application for EMEA. 

I have selected the App as Application_X and the Connection as Application_EMEA and I have chosen the Report as EMEA_Report_1. So far so good.

But there are 2 options on the Extension's Interface :  Quick Report and New Report.

Now when I click on New Report - It lists out all 9 reports including those which belong to NA and LATAM. I would like this to display only the Reports that belong to EMEA. 

I know this could be because they are all under the Same App, but is it possible to display only the reports that are under the same connection so the reports available are relevant only to the Application ?

I am using Qlik Sense Aug 2021 and Nprinting Nov 2019.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you look at the security role settings you can see that there is only availability to restrict view in NPrinting using App - so the only solution is to split the reports and put them in dedicated apps.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can manage this by setting custom NPrinting security rules: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Security-manage...

Since by setting up roles you can define which NPrinting apps users can see/use you can control which reports they can have access to.

========================

UPDATE:

========================

your description is not clear. First you say that you have following setup:

Application_EMEA -> EMEA_Report_1, EMEA_Report_2, EMEA_Report_3

Application_LATAM-> LATAM_Report_1, LATAM_Report_2, LATAM_Report_3

Application_NA-> NA_Report_1, NA_Report_2, NA_Report_3

And at the end you say all reports are under the same app? So what is it?

cheers Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Lech,

Yes -> All are under the Same NPrinting App, But the Connections are to Different Qlik Sense Apps. Even if I try to create a Security Rule for On-Demand Report, It still is using App as the Filtering Criteria. I was wondering if there was anyway this could be reduced to the Connection Level. Or is the Only option is to Split the NPrinting App into 3 Apps, One for Each Connection?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you look at the security role settings you can see that there is only availability to restrict view in NPrinting using App - so the only solution is to split the reports and put them in dedicated apps.

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was afraid this could be the only way. I guess that is what we have to do then. Thank You Lech!