Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Run Receipeients report batchwise in Qlikview NPrinting 16

Hi Team,

I have developed NPrinting pixcel perfect reports in nPrinting 16 versions.  Output of files placed in below manner:

year\Month\PortGroup and portgroupwise files placed in individual folder of port group. To create port group folder I have used recipient subfolder option and 2800 + files are generated. So it will take to run 18+ hrs.

Can you please help me how to split this recipient in bathes form. It means suppose for an example if I have 9 port group it will create 9 jobs and run individual by port group wise.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

You can use Groups to create groups of recipients. Then you create a task for each group, add the group in the task and add all tasks in a Job in sequence. 

QlikView NPrinting 16 is mono-task and mono-tread so it will create the reports in sequence. If you need to speed-up the process you could migrate to Qlik NPrinting 17+ that is multi-engine, multi-tread and can use all cores of your computer. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Ruggero,

Thanks for help.

Right now I have created Recipient Groups only and then added that groups as recipient subfolder in Task properties for custom path. In this case it will run this one  task for 9 port groups which are added by using this recipient groups.

So can you please help me how to run this recipient one by one so once for A port group   files are generated should be placed files on folder and then run for next portfolio.

Let me know if you need more details.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you add a group of recipients in a task, QlikView NPrinting will automatically create the reports for each user in the added group (so by applying also user filters) and deliver them to the set destination. 

In case you need more information, please add some screenshots of your configuration so we can understand better what you are doing. Add also all the details about your goal.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.