Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

SMTP Config in NPrinting

Hi Expert

i have in one server NPrinting Server, and in other local pc NPrinting Designer, i create a task to send a report to end users, i want to configure smtp mail configuration to send in a task, my question is i have to configurate the np designer and the nprinting server and in both put the smtp server mail options? or only config the server?

attach the image of each one, desinger and server

thank you a lot

Fernando K.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you plan to distribute reports via e-mail at the designer level, for example when you run a task locally, then you will need e-mail configured in the designer.  If you plan to run scheduled jobs from the server, you will need to configure the server too.

Even if you don't plan to run schedules from the server that e-mail reports, you would likely want error and status  messages sent to you when jobs are complete.

The recipients information for distribution is passed in each NSQ.

Try it and let us know,

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

Try this link to see if you get what you need.

How do I set up e-mail in NPrinting?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Mike, thanks for your answer

i have to set up and config only the DISEGNER NPrinting? not the SERVER too?

Colin-Albert

It depends how you are scheduling the tasks.

If you are emailing documents using the server then SMTP will need to be setup on the server.

If you are using the desktop scheduler in designer or manually running a task for testing, then you will need the desktop email settings to be configured.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you plan to distribute reports via e-mail at the designer level, for example when you run a task locally, then you will need e-mail configured in the designer.  If you plan to run scheduled jobs from the server, you will need to configure the server too.

Even if you don't plan to run schedules from the server that e-mail reports, you would likely want error and status  messages sent to you when jobs are complete.

The recipients information for distribution is passed in each NSQ.

Try it and let us know,

Mike