Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rakshanda1647000
Contributor
Contributor

SMTP and FTP supported in Nprinting

Hi All ,

I am using Qlik nprinting version -June 2019. Just want to know whether Nprinting supports SMTP and FTP.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you really mean SMTP? Or SFTP?

So,

1. SMTP is supported as you normally send emails

2. there is no direct support for FTP / SFTP, but you can produce report and store it to the hard drive and use Qlik FTP/SFTP web connector to uplod this file. Everything can be easily chained in qmc and with use of API

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
harish100
Contributor
Contributor

How can I use Web connector? to load to remote FTP! It's making me fuzzy and lot of confusion . can you please guide how exactly the web connectors are used to transfer a file from Qlik Nprinting to FTP server?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 17+ ( so also June 2019 and following versions) at the moment (latest available version is February 2021) doesn't have a native feature to distribute reports to remote FTP folders. 

As workaround you could deliver Qlik NPrinting reports to folders (refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm) and after use a third party tool to upload files to a remote FTP. 

The FTP is also not planned in the roadmap as you can see in https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/NPrinting-distribution-to-ftp/idi-p/1498674.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.