Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrav666
Partner - Contributor III

SMTP configuration error in Nprinting

Hi All,

I have installed Nprinting april 2019 in Azure VM. I am now trying to setup SMTP configuration in Nprinting web console.

I got the below error: Email not sent. Check your email configuration.

Capture234.jpg

When checked the log files in nprinting server found the below:

Capture123.jpg

The SMTP server details are correct. Opened port 25 for Azure VM. Everything is good but not sure why is not working. Can you please suggest.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,
SMTP configuration in NPrinting is very basic. If you are saying that details and connectivity are correct just exit nprinting and:
1. enter cmd.exe and ping smtp server from your azure vm - do you get response?
2. if you do, then send test email from cmd.exe
Above will confirm that connectivity to SMTP from your Azure VM is OK.

However I am quite sure you will not be able to perform above steps. In my opinion your SMTP server is not accessible from AZURE VM and you have to get this fixed first.

To be frank I think this is purely SMTP server issue, not NPrinting!
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
shrav666
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your reply.

I have come across a few articles saying Azure will be blocking 25 port for SMTP. Do anyone installed the nprinting application in Azure and faced the same issue. Want to hear the solution you have applied in that case. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to contact the Azure support team or to post the question in an Azure forum.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry - not a NPrinting related question and answers here will be irrelevant.

You need to talk to network guys, azure team or whoever is responsible for this server instance connectivity...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.