Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Payton
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same Excel Report Using different filters per tab.

Same Excel Report Using different filters per tab.

I have the same report and want to add different filters to each tab.

Thus I would have 20 tabs in Excel using the same report, all using different filters.

The end result must be in excel.  I am using Qlik Sense

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Payton
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the HELP !

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Payton

This is a common requirement that can be achieved by using the "Page" feature in the NPrinting Excel Template Editor.

The results is one sheet per dimension value

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Payton
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I must be missing something. 

A report output is needing 26 tabs.  Each tab using a various combination of 2 of the fields on the report. Channel & Agent are the two fields using 26 combinations

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There could be 2 approaches.

First add a field on the Pages node. This will create an Excel worksheet for each distinct value of the field you added in the Pages node and each worksheet will have data filtered for that value. For example if you add the field country in the Pages the first worksheet could be about Austria and will have data filtered by Country = Austria. Fast but you need to have or create such kind of field in your Qlik Sense app, also by concatenating the 2 fields you mentioned before.

Second approach is to manually create all worksheets you need add the Qlik Sense objects in each worksheet one-by-one and for each copy of each object in each worksheet you can add a single object filter. Object filter property supports only one filter so you have also to create all filters you need. Longer editing time but more flexible solution. 

The choice depends on your specific scenario.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Payton
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the HELP !