Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Same Qlik APP but different Connections giving Error :object reference not set to an instance

Hi Experts,

Can i not use the  object(Table) from connection A and Connection B (connection A and Connection B from same qlik App)

in the same template?

When i do this iam getting an error : object reference not set to an instance

Thanks

Syed Imran

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@imrasyed

Let's focus on one thing at a time.

Further, your clarification re: 2 connections made with the same source document/Sense app inside the same NP app is not supported for your version of NPrinting.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

Connection rules for Qlik Sense apps

The following rules apply to connections to Qlik Sense apps:

• You can create connections from a single Qlik NPrinting app to multiple Qlik Sense apps.
  • Connections are not shared between Qlik NPrinting apps. If you want to connect the same Qlik Sense app to multiple Qlik NPrinting apps you must create a connection for each.
  • You can only create one connection between a Qlik Sense app and a Qlik NPrinting app.

In fact this support only began in Feb. 2021 version of NPrinting. I have tested and it works as designed in Feb.2021. You can view the fix in the Feb. 2021 release notes - attached. OP-9606

So upgrading as @Ruggero_Piccoli suggested is the solution.

If you have a separate issue to this, please start a separate thread.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

New article:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/NPrinting-Designer-Error-Object-reference-not-set-to-an...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, you can create two, or more, connections to the same Qlik Sense app inside a single Qlik NPrinting app. Be sure that all connection caches are correctly updated. If you refresh the cache you must close and re-open the designer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

when I am pulling the object(Table X) from only conn A or only conn B i am able to preview it 

but when i am pulling from both the connections(same object Table X) Nprinting is throwing an error:

Object reference not set to an instance.

Can you please suggest a solution on this?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

By searching your error message I found the following articles:

Please check if one of the solutions suggested on them works also for you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli  

Sure let me do one by one and confirm.

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I tried but still the issue persists.

One object at once is perfectly fine but when i put one from connection A and one from Connection B then the error occurs.

if possible can you be able to try to see if same error occurs.

Can you please suggest any other solution?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In my installation it works without issues.

Can you share some screenshots of the template or export the template? A qvf with scrambled data? I want to try to reproduce your issue.

Be also sure that you are not using unsupported objetcs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

If you cannot share them here, I suggest you to open a support ticket with everything we need to reproduce the issue and a link to this conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I am simply creating an app using below table.

T1:
Load * Inline
[
Dim1,Dim2,sales
X,P,20
X,Q,30
Y,R,50
Z,W,100
];

Error.PNGTemplate.PNG

I have Nprinting April 2020 and Nprinting Designer April 2019 Will this cause any issue?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@imrasyed 

Using the wrong version of NPrinting Designer may have an adverse affect on your NPrinting reports not withstanding possible corruption of those reports therein.

Please upgrade your NP designer so that it matches your NPrinting server. (in your case NP designer April 2020)

• Then reload the NPrinting Connection associated with the report
  • Open the NP designer
  • Right click on each table object and select 'update' from the context menu as needed. This will get your objects up to date. (you may also need to replace the object tags in the report if they have changed substantially.

Unfortunately your report may already be damaged. If needed redo your report and try again.

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Frank_S 

Let me upgrade the designer and check if that works.