Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Same Qlik APP but different Connections giving Error :object reference not set to an instance

Hi Experts,

Can i not use the  object(Table) from connection A and Connection B (connection A and Connection B from same qlik App)

in the same template?

When i do this iam getting an error : object reference not set to an instance

Thanks

Syed Imran

Labels (2)
23 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @imrasyed 

But make sure to follow the other steps I mentioned following the upgrade as well.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sure  @Frank_S 

Thanks

Syed

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

All parts of Qlik NPrinting (Server, Engines, Designers) must all be exactly at the same version. Also between different minor versions there could are differences that causes errors.

Let us know if you solve after correcting the installation issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sure @Ruggero_Piccoli  will let you know.

I have raised a ticket for uninstalling Designer(previous version) in my organization.

It is still not resolved and once it is done i will update it.

Thanks

Syed Imran.

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

@Frank_S 

Upgraded the designer but still the error persists.

Can you please suggest where i am going wrong?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue because in my installations, I tested, and creating two connections to the same Qlik Sense app in a single Qlik NPrinting app works. 

Try to create two connections to a different Qlik Sense app to exclude that it is a problem of the app.

Now your Designer is at the same version of the Server. If you are still using April 2020 you can evaluate to upgrade to latest available version February 2021 and test with it. 

If you still have the issue after upgrading to latest version I suggest you to open a support ticket with all needed details to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

For two different Qliksense Apps it perfectly works fine.

Issue is only  with two different Connections for the same Qliksense APP.

Will upgrade to latest(Feb 2021)  and check to see if it going to resolve else open a support ticket.

Appreciate your help

Regards

Syed 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@imrasyed 

I understand the problem now.

Steps to reproduce:

• created app using cntl 00 to generate basic data
  • created chart with 2 dims and 1 sum expression
  • duplicated the app in Qlik Sense
  • created a single NP App
  • added two separate connections using the test and duplicated test sense apps
  • created a report based on these sense apps
  • successfully generated the report.

The problem with what you are doing is that you are likely creating an object reference issue.

You have to remember that when you duplicate sense apps only the sense id for the app changes. The object ID inside the app do not change with duplicated Sense Apps. Therefore the objects from the two sense apps are identically named.

Likely what's happening here is that when you switch the objects around between the same name objects in different connections, you are creating an object reference problem.

To resolve this make sure to use the _objectID1, _object_ID2 references aligned in your report. Switching from one to the other using a duplicated sense app is not a normal requirement/use case scenario and quite frankly an unlikely scenario. (NPrinting Designer adds the (_) underscore when the same object is found and added to the report).

If you create a multi-doc report with different sense apps (not duplicated Sense apps) you will not likely see the issue you are facing.

When I use the correct object IDs from the two separate apps (which contain identical object ids), I have no issue ever generation the report.

duplicated chart in NP designer.PNG

Following the above should be resolved when using valid use case scenarios with two different sense apps.

But if you use the same original and duplicated app in an NPrinting multidoc report, be extremely mindful of the objects added or removed since adding and removing them can also change the underscore value assigned to the Qlik Sense object in the NP designer.

I've attached the QVFs and exported report I've used in this test as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Frank_S,

I don't have any issue with two different Qliksense apps.

I have the issue with one single Qliksense app with different Connections.

For Simple Data App.qvf

u have connection :  Sample Data App

Can u please create one more connection 'Sample Data App2'  and pull the object from both the connection and see if u can generate the report? 

or the Connection shown in the screenshot i.e 'NEW - Sample Data App' and 'Sample Data App' pointing to the same Qliksense App?

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Also i am doing this in achieving  'Ignore filter for a report'

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Ignoring-Task-filter-for-a-report/m-p/17885... 

But I have one more requirement on top of ignoring filter for a report i.e one of the object of that report shd be still filterable.

To achieve this requirement i am trying to pull the object from two different connections but same qliksense app.