Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Same report but different data sent to users?

Hi, This might be easier than i think but i'm stuck....

My data:

CountryUserAmount
USAA10
CanadaB20
MexicoC30
BrazilA40

I would like to distribute email reports by country , user and amount.

I have looked into Cycling and it works with "dynamic"  (not hardcoding any filters) filters, but it do not split the data per user and gives user A, B and C all reports even if it splits the data correctly I do not know why?

In QlikView we use e.g. loop and reduce/section access we point to user/email to be pointed to the filed in the data that holds the recipients and then choose the data to split, how would I do this in Nprinting?

Update*

After reading some other topics from 2018 it looks like i need to create one filter per country and then add the country filter to the users manually but this can´t be the case can it?.... If this is the case then its a bad solution, hopefully someone knows another way.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sahal 

I don't want to argue on that. I agree with you that QlikView publisher had a built in solution based on data model. NPrinting can lavarage section access and yes you can use it. 

When you think for a moment about various different reports and how they may need to be send, you will notice that having user filters in NPrinting is actually not bad solution. There are different scenarios where the same user may need to have different filters for different reports.

With Publisher that always required change in data model in Qlik and relationship between user and data was maintained in the QlikView model. I am not saying that maintenance of such solution is hard, but I am saying that creating new reports without touching QlikView/Qlik Sense would be impossible. 

Now with user filters we don't need to maintain that relationship in QlikView or Qlik Sense. Filter creation process can also be automated either via API or via user import from excel which i pointed you to in my previous comment. Now you can also automate creation of that excel.

Now your idea is not bad - it means however that this connection in NPrinting can be mainly used for the reports purely based on section access data reduction + maybe some additional global filters.

Anyway - lets see how you go. 

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sahal 

It is not a bad solution, This is how NPrinting works and yes - you need to create filters and associate them with users. You also need to consider which reports (and apps and connections) are going to be used as filters are associated with connections.

more on https://help.qlik.com - this is the site you want to read first and check for solution there.

regarding creating filters and linking them to users read also in help document here. Read it carefully. Also note that on left hand side of this help document you need to choose Qlik NPrinting version you are working with as features are different between versions!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-F...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, Thank you for your answer.

We can agree to disagree when it comes to creating 100+ filters per comapany and then associate them to a user/group "manually" when tools like QlikView can do this "automatically".

I would say because of manually process, the best option for my solution might be to use Connection requires authentication and import the section access rules from the application. hopefully this works for me needs.

Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sahal 

I don't want to argue on that. I agree with you that QlikView publisher had a built in solution based on data model. NPrinting can lavarage section access and yes you can use it. 

When you think for a moment about various different reports and how they may need to be send, you will notice that having user filters in NPrinting is actually not bad solution. There are different scenarios where the same user may need to have different filters for different reports.

With Publisher that always required change in data model in Qlik and relationship between user and data was maintained in the QlikView model. I am not saying that maintenance of such solution is hard, but I am saying that creating new reports without touching QlikView/Qlik Sense would be impossible. 

Now with user filters we don't need to maintain that relationship in QlikView or Qlik Sense. Filter creation process can also be automated either via API or via user import from excel which i pointed you to in my previous comment. Now you can also automate creation of that excel.

Now your idea is not bad - it means however that this connection in NPrinting can be mainly used for the reports purely based on section access data reduction + maybe some additional global filters.

Anyway - lets see how you go. 

good luck