Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Become an analytics expert with Qlik's new 15 week course: Applied Data Analytics using Qlik Sense. READ MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
land
Partner
Partner

Section Access on Qlik Sense - NPrinting

Hello,

I am having problems applying Section Access in Qlik Sense and NPrinting.

For Qlik Sense, I am using something similar to this:

ACCESS, USERID, USUARIO
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER, ALL
ADMIN, DOMAIN\DEV, ALL
ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1, %FIELD_USER1
USER, DOMAIN\USER2, %FIELD_USER2
ADMIN, LOCAL\TEST, %FIELD_TEST

The user DOMAIN\USER2 can't access to the published application but DOMAIN\USER1 and LOCALTEST can... is it because they have ADMIN access?

Also, if I give them all ADMIN, the problem that happens in NPrinting is the following:

WARN: error during report generation: NPrinting Engine(s) failed to open document: navigator=qliksense;applytheme=True;proxyurl=https://srv.qqq/;appid=9b456c69-d88a-40dd-878a-f283aebd62d9;identity=DOMAIN\USER1. Check connection page for connection status.

This is true for all users.

Any clue how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Luis Andrade

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @land

First, I noticed it appears that you are using users from three different domains.

This officially is not supported so not sure how you are getting any results at all with these users from different domains...(perhaps the equivalent of two-way trusts?)

Are the following also rootadmin on the QS server?
ADMIN, DOMAIN\DEV, ALL
USER, DOMAIN\USER2, %FIELD_USER2

Is the following user assigned to any specific privileges on the QS server or simply excluded as a root admin

To test access to the QS dashboard, simply open the QS hub as DOMAIN\USER1 then navigate to the App represented by the GUID

9b456c69-d88a-40dd-878a-f283aebd62d9.

After logging into the QS hub and if you cannot access the app as the user ID that you logged into the QS hub with, then NPrinting will also not be able to open the app thus generating the " NPrinting Engine(s) failed to open document"

Also try using the NPrinting service account (which should be a rootadmin on the QS server) as the NP Connection Identity rather than user1.

Finally, ensure you are making the correct NP connection selections for section access. ie: enable the "apply user section access for reports" check box

Please try the above and let us know..

Kind regards...

We are just 'like' you and like to be liked when providing a helpful answer. You may also press the 'Solution Accepted' button if an answer provided resolves your question or issue... Cheers!
land
Partner
Partner
Author

Hello @Frank_S 

Indeed, it is a single domain: DOMAIN, INTERNAL is for qmc reloads and LOCAL is a local user (which I will delete).

DEV, USER2 and TEST are not rootadmin on the Qlik Sense server but I have published the app and they do have read permission to the application.

USER1 is a common user, he is not rootadmin either, I only gave him root because, for some reason, being logged in with this user I cannot access if I give him USER access, but if I give him ADMIN I can open the application published in Qlik Sense.

To avoid this first problem, I have changed all the accesses to ADMIN as follows:

ACCESS, USERID, USUARIO
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER, ALL
ADMIN, DOMAIN\DEV, ALL
ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER2, %FIELD_USER2

And with this, with all users I can access the application from the Qlik Sense hub.

I have checked the NPrinting server, but as it is another partner's installation, for some reason, the NPrinting services and NP Engine are using the same user that starts the Qlik Sense services, so it is already rootadmin, I don't know if it has something to do with the malfunction.

If it doesn't work, I will have to add the filters in the NPrinting user import.

Regards,

Luis Andrade

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi @land 

You say that:NPrinting services and NP Engine are using the same user that starts the Qlik Sense services... This is a big "No-No" in fundamental NPrinting setup and can and will cause of many issues if you leave it like that!

You should have dedicated service account running NPrinting services different than Qlik Sense service account: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.h...

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.