Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send email notification at end of Schedule Run completion

I run a Nprinting Report through a Schedule which reload the qvw, imports the recipients, runs the report and distributes it to the recipients by email. This task is run every day at some fixed time and generated reports are saved in reportsfolder\<datewise>.

After the task is complete, I want to send an email to say aa@gmail.com communicating the status of the task completion and also providing a link to the folder where the reports are saved.

How can this be done ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Go to Options->Log Settings and here you are able top configure alerts for when tasks complete, fail in error or have warnings.

I don't think you can communicate the folder where the reports are saved as part of this configuration, but you can create a simple task with only that email address as the recipient, and an email that contains the path for the folder where the reports are saved.

Then run that task last as part of the job that contains the actual report task.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Go to Options->Log Settings and here you are able top configure alerts for when tasks complete, fail in error or have warnings.

I don't think you can communicate the folder where the reports are saved as part of this configuration, but you can create a simple task with only that email address as the recipient, and an email that contains the path for the folder where the reports are saved.

Then run that task last as part of the job that contains the actual report task.

Not applicable
Author

In addition to what Stephen states, you can also build a conditional report that compares todays date to the reload date - when they are equal you know the reload completed and the report can be sent.  Conversly you can have another report for the opposite to let someone know the reload failed

an assumption is the reports are scheduled to run at a time where the reload should be complete

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stephen and Adam,

I created a separate task with one recipient and an email message updating the status and link to the path.

This task is the last task in the job. The task is scheduled to run at 4:00 pm. I hope it will accomplish the desired goal

Not applicable
Author

what does or how does the email message containing the updated status work - not sure I udnerstand

alis2063
Creator III
Creator III

is there any way that we can get Email when Qlik Load is finished??