Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clemenceabad
Contributor III
Contributor III

Send multiple reports to a user with different filters

Hello,
I have created a Word report on nPrinting that should be sent automatically to multiple users depending on the name of the site they are responsible for. This works correctly when I put the filter "siteA" for example to the user 1, the data is well filtered according to the siteA in the email that the user 1 receives. My problem is that some users are responsible for multiple sites. So I tried to put several filters for example user 1 has the filters "siteA", "siteB" and "siteC" but it gives me an error when sending the report because it will filter the report according to these 3 filters simultaneously.
The goal would be for User 1 to receive 3 reports, one filtered by SiteA, the second by SiteB, and the third by SiteC.
Is that possible ? If so how should I do?
Thank you in advance for your answer!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please not format your messages like code because it make them hard to read. Thanks.

Reports cycles will create a single file, that could be a pdf, for each different value of the selected. Did you tried?

1. Create a user that will receive 3 pdf for SiteA, SiteB and SiteC
  2. Create a filter that keeps the 3 values SiteA, SiteB and SiteC for the Site field as I showed in my previous screenshot
  3. Add the filter to the user
  4. Create the report and enable the cycle by Site
  5. Create the publish task, add the report and the user with email as destination
  6. Run the task. If it is ok create all other users and filters you need.

When you enable the cycle in the report you will also be able to set the report file name by using the field value. You can insert the same value in the template.

All reports in an email are delivered compressed in a single .zip file and you cannot change this at the moment (June 2019).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Create a cycle based on the Site field. Refer to http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Cycling-your-repo.... The cycle will create a different report for each distinct value of the field selected. 

If a user need to receive the reports for SiteA, SiteB and SiteC but not for any other site, you need to add the values in the site field of a single filter (that is like an or), not in 3 filters (that is like and and).

multiple values same field.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
clemenceabad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Thank you for your solution, I get to have 3 separate reports in a single pdf but it causes me some problems: the name of my site (variable) is not displayed.
The ideal would be that the user receives 3 separate pdf and not 3 reports in a single pdf.

Do you think this is possible?

I had thought to create multiple profiles for users who manage multiple sites for example my user 1 would have 3 profiles: user1_siteA, user1_siteB, user3_siteC. This would assure me to receive 3 different reports but this solution is not very practical for me. Is there a better solution?

Best Regards,
Clemence
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please not format your messages like code because it make them hard to read. Thanks.

Reports cycles will create a single file, that could be a pdf, for each different value of the selected. Did you tried?

1. Create a user that will receive 3 pdf for SiteA, SiteB and SiteC
  2. Create a filter that keeps the 3 values SiteA, SiteB and SiteC for the Site field as I showed in my previous screenshot
  3. Add the filter to the user
  4. Create the report and enable the cycle by Site
  5. Create the publish task, add the report and the user with email as destination
  6. Run the task. If it is ok create all other users and filters you need.

When you enable the cycle in the report you will also be able to set the report file name by using the field value. You can insert the same value in the template.

All reports in an email are delivered compressed in a single .zip file and you cannot change this at the moment (June 2019).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
clemenceabad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Your solution worked, thank you very much !

Best Reggards
Clemence
clemenceabad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Ruggero,

I have a problem with your solution :

In my report I use elements coming from 5 different connections.

So I created a filter for user 1 as on the image.

When I enable the cycle, I choose one of the connections that I call connection 1 (I tried with all but the number of report explodes).

In each of the connections the name of the site exists but I think that I should link them but I don't know how.

Currently all my graphs from connection 1 are correct but all others mix siteA, siteB and siteC.

Do you have a solution ?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Clemence

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In Qlik NPrinting 17+ at the moment (June 2019) cycles do not work with multi-connection reports. Only data from the selected connection are filtered.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can we send 3 seperate emails for 3 reports instead of it combining all 3 into 1 zip file. We are having issue where single zip files is too large for SMTP server. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to split the publish task into different tasks, for example one for each report. By default all reports generated for a user by a task are grouped in a single email and this behaviour cannot be changed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Luuksvs
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, 

I have a question about the  .Zip files: our customer has to receive one email with all PDF files instead of the .Zip file. 

We made a user account for each customer (100+ and differs every week). But these customers have to receive the same report but each report with a different filter. There can be up to 60 different filters in one e-mail. So one customer can receive up to 60 PDF files. 

The Cycle works perfect for us but our customer has got an automated system in their email which can only substract PDF files and not the .Zip files. And because of the .Zip file the email ands up in their spam box quite a lot. 

Is there a workaround where we can deliver the all PDF files in one mail without creating a .ZIP? 

Thank you for the help!