Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nerakegl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Send one mail to recipient group in NPrinting

Hey community, 

I would like to send one email to multiple users in Nprinting, and I want to have those emails in To section of email. 

I know that it is possible to manually add user emails in cc section, but I would like to define a group of users in Recipient excel file and send one email to all users.

I have installed Qlik NPrinting November 2019.

Is it possible? 

Thank you for an answer. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade to April 2020 or newer because it has the new feature:

Dynamic email CC and BCC
You can send emails generated from publish tasks to dynamic lists of recipients in TO, CC, and BCC field. Recipient lists can be created in Qlik NPrinting as new fields or can come from Qlik variables.

With new versions you can add alternate emails to users and use them in the To field of the email. Or you can deliver the emails to a list of recipients stored in a QlikView variable.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade to April 2020 or newer because it has the new feature:

Dynamic email CC and BCC
You can send emails generated from publish tasks to dynamic lists of recipients in TO, CC, and BCC field. Recipient lists can be created in Qlik NPrinting as new fields or can come from Qlik variables.

With new versions you can add alternate emails to users and use them in the To field of the email. Or you can deliver the emails to a list of recipients stored in a QlikView variable.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
nerakegl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for an answer 🙂

waterscg
Creator
Creator

This sounds promising but not quite what's needed.

I have four recipients defined in the NPrinting user database and that are assigned to an NPrinting group; e.g., "Salespeople". In the publish task's Users/Groups tab, the "Salespeople" NPrinting group is selected. I want the publish task to send just one email to the "Salespeople" group (i.e., the four recipients) ... and have the four recipients listed in the To line.

How can this be accomplished? I'm running June 2020 SR1.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you want to sand the same report (so same data for all recipients) you can use the alternate email fields. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-.... For example, you can insert the email addresses of all 4 recipients in the Alternate Email 1 of one user and in the publish task configuration set the To field to use the Alternate Email 1. Than assign only that user, not the group, in the user's list.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
waterscg
Creator
Creator

Thanks, Ruggero. That worked.