cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esuper21
Contributor III
Contributor III

Send report to Multiple Users each with Different Filter

I have a report that needs to send specific information to each user. the users have predefined filters to receive from the overall report. However, when I send it, only one user is getting an email.

For example: 

I have categories that are infrastructure and end-user, each with groups of device types. Then I have location IDs that each user is a lead staff at. 

Example:

• Joe needs to receive end-user (laptop and desktop) at location 082 and 372
  • Steve needs infrastructure (server and router) at 082 and E11
  • ...about 10 other users with criteria

I have already created the filters and assigned them to each user. the filters look for device type first then location. I then added all the users as recipients to the NPrinting publish task. However, only the first person (Joe in this case) is getting an email. 

How can I fix this so all get a report specific to their needs?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @esuper21 

There is a possibility that you have a filter conflict or a NP security role has not been assigned to your specific users.

Filter issues: For example if your user filter is using a dimension like 'city'

• Then you also use that dimension as an object, report or task filter, then you will have a filter conflict and no report will be generated and your end users will get an email stating that 'there is a report error, please contact your administrator'.

For detailed filter rules seehttps://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-f...

NP role membership: 

• Now if your recipients are not part of an enabled NPrinting Security Role like 'users' or 'newsstand', then those user will not receive and email and your nprinting engine logs will show errors like 'no email sent' 'not assigned to a role' etc. 
  • For specific related email not sent information, check the following support article link https://support.qlik.com/articles/000028776

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @esuper21 

There is a possibility that you have a filter conflict or a NP security role has not been assigned to your specific users.

Filter issues: For example if your user filter is using a dimension like 'city'

• Then you also use that dimension as an object, report or task filter, then you will have a filter conflict and no report will be generated and your end users will get an email stating that 'there is a report error, please contact your administrator'.

For detailed filter rules seehttps://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-f...

NP role membership: 

• Now if your recipients are not part of an enabled NPrinting Security Role like 'users' or 'newsstand', then those user will not receive and email and your nprinting engine logs will show errors like 'no email sent' 'not assigned to a role' etc. 
  • For specific related email not sent information, check the following support article link https://support.qlik.com/articles/000028776

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
esuper21
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you! I did not have NewsStand assigned to all my recipients. I compared the only email sent out to the rest and found this error and once corrected it worked fine.

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @esuper21 

Glad to help!