Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esneider
Partner - Contributor III

Send report with NPrinting November 2020 to FTP

Hi,

It's possible send report generate from NPrinting November 2020 directly to FTP?

Best regards,

Sr. Esneider,

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately FTP is not an available destination.

Recommend sending reports to network folders as a alternate solution.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Esneider 

My solutions usually are built around 3 main components

• NPrinting
  • NPrinting API
  • Qlik Web Connectors

I use NPrinting to produce reports and save them locally on hard drive. Using NPrinting API from Qlik Sense script (https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/) to trigger reports generation and check its statusI know exactly when they are ready. I add to later part of Qlik script Sleep() statememnt so all files are saved on HD and then I use Qlik Web connectors running from the same Qlik Sense script to publish reports to FTP as they are having FTP and SFTP support. 

Whole solution is very easy to setup for anyone who is a Qlik developer and does not require any unsupported or 3rd party tools. Long story short end-to-end solution is fully built using native Qlik capabilities.

Cheers! 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately FTP is not an available destination.

Recommend sending reports to network folders as a alternate solution.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Esneider 

My solutions usually are built around 3 main components

• NPrinting
  • NPrinting API
  • Qlik Web Connectors

I use NPrinting to produce reports and save them locally on hard drive. Using NPrinting API from Qlik Sense script (https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/) to trigger reports generation and check its statusI know exactly when they are ready. I add to later part of Qlik script Sleep() statememnt so all files are saved on HD and then I use Qlik Web connectors running from the same Qlik Sense script to publish reports to FTP as they are having FTP and SFTP support. 

Whole solution is very easy to setup for anyone who is a Qlik developer and does not require any unsupported or 3rd party tools. Long story short end-to-end solution is fully built using native Qlik capabilities.

Cheers! 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Esneider
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Qlik Web Connectors required license for using ftp?

[image: image.png]

Best regards,
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

They are covered under the same license as your Analytics (Qlik Sense). So you just apply the same license there in Web Connectors console.

C'mon- you are Qlik partner-you should know that, otherwise how are you selling Qlik products? 🤣🤣🤣

cheers!

Esneider
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Thank's for your help.

Esneider
Author

Hi Frank_S,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Glad to do it...take care @Esneider