Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sending Reports to Distribution List

Hi,

Is it possible to email reports to a Distro via NPrinting?

I have a distro group e.g. scmbi@company.com, when I added this email ID as a User and added it under in Publish task,it is not sending anything. It does send to myself i.e. myuserid@company.com but not to the distro.

I'm using Nprinting Nov 2018 version. 

Below is the log I see from task executions, which doesn't tell much.

Nprinting.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Sometimes "User" role is not enough, try to add "Newsstand User" role, just for test purposes.

Natalija

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Did you assigned role to user  scmbi@company.com in webconsole? It should have at least "User" role assigned to be able receive e-mails from NPrinting.

Natalija

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Asha 

From this image it looks like that you may not have added an NPrinting report to the Publish Task.

Please check the following link to ensure you have configured your report task correctly.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Di...

I did a test with a publish task that has no report attached to it and received the same results.

no report in task.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Natalija, Thanks for checking

Yes I assigned "User" role in the webconsole.

I further checked the logs of Nprtinting Scheduler i.e. in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs

The user scmbi@company.com for the task Daily Service Level Summary-Markets has no permission to see the published reports. No email will be sent.
Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Task.PublishReportsEngineTask 20190606T142123.002+00:00 WARN  User scmbi@company.com is inserted as recipient in task Daily Service Level Summary-Markets but no destination is configured. Report will not be generated

Do you know if this distro needs to have access to QlikSense report?

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Check if e-mail as destination is ticked, and doublecheck if report is attached to "Publish Task", as per Frank's suggestion.

Natalija

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank, 

Thanks for the response. I do have the report for the task, if I use my user id this is how it shows.

Npr 2.PNG

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Natalija Yes email destination is clicked and report is attached and email id is given a User role

Log still says 

The user scmbi@company.com for the task Daily Service Level Summary-Markets has no permission to see the published reports. No email will be sent. 
Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Task.PublishReportsEngineTask 20190606T142123.002+00:00 WARN  User scmbi@company.com is inserted as recipient in task Daily Service Level Summary-Markets but no destination is configured. Report will not be generated

I'm trying to understand where the email needs to be configured . I have already added it under users.

Thanks,
Asha

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Sometimes "User" role is not enough, try to add "Newsstand User" role, just for test purposes.

Natalija

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Double check Destination configuration and "e-mail message" tab is where you have to add your report as attachment.

NP destination.png

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much for looking into this @Natalija it worked after adding "Newsstand User" role