cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesus_delao
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sending a report via email to multiple users each having different data

I have a relatively simple Qlik Sense app that has contacts with email and a unique key that links to a set of test results.

so the tables would look something like this:

Contacts:

Key      Name       email

a1         User1       user1@something.com

b1        User 2      user2@something.com

b3       User2       user2@something.com

results:

key       test1     test2     test3

a1          12           5.3           8

b1           6             3              7.1

b3           6             3              7.1

The report should be sent to user1 with results for key a1, while user2 should receive the report for keys b1 and b3.

The problem is that there are about 400 possible users but on a daily basis only about a dozen of them will actually have results that need to be emailed to them.   

Does anyone have any idea on how I might be able to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is quite straight forward and there is only one way to achieve what you need.

• you need to have all recipients in NPrinting
  • relationship between recipient and what they receive in email can be controlled via recipient filters
    • for each recipeint you need to create filter and associate it with recipients
  • you add all your recipients to publish task either as
    • idividual recipients - i don't think this is good idea
    • nprinting gropu - you can associate all your recipients with nprinting group an use group as recipient list

Importing users, setting up their filters and hroup allcoation can be done by user import from excel

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Us...

to make this processes fast you can create a common filter/flag in Qlik data model to limit number of records which will have to be scanned when recipient filters will be applied.

also to make sure your task runs fast and does not sent reports for user who are not within your "dozen" who should receive it you can create report condition. I am not sure how your condition needs to be built without actually seeing your model or sample qvf/qvw file.

The drawback is that your task may actually try to run report for all 400 users, but it will execute report generation to those which meet criteria.

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is quite straight forward and there is only one way to achieve what you need.

• you need to have all recipients in NPrinting
  • relationship between recipient and what they receive in email can be controlled via recipient filters
    • for each recipeint you need to create filter and associate it with recipients
  • you add all your recipients to publish task either as
    • idividual recipients - i don't think this is good idea
    • nprinting gropu - you can associate all your recipients with nprinting group an use group as recipient list

Importing users, setting up their filters and hroup allcoation can be done by user import from excel

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Us...

to make this processes fast you can create a common filter/flag in Qlik data model to limit number of records which will have to be scanned when recipient filters will be applied.

also to make sure your task runs fast and does not sent reports for user who are not within your "dozen" who should receive it you can create report condition. I am not sure how your condition needs to be built without actually seeing your model or sample qvf/qvw file.

The drawback is that your task may actually try to run report for all 400 users, but it will execute report generation to those which meet criteria.

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw.

please search before posting the same question - this was already answered here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Send-filtered-report-via-email-to...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I strongly suggest you to start by reading the official help site. At the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Get-started.htm there is the Getting Started with an explanation of what you want to do. 

Qlik NPrinting is an enterprise class software and you need to be trained before starting to use it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jesus_delao
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Lech,

Thanks you for the answer.  I was afraid that would be the answer.

jesus_delao
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Fair enough.

jesus_delao
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ruggero,

I am going to assume that your message was well intention and not meant to be condescending.

Thank you for the link.