cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Sending emails based on Fields

Hi guys, I have a straight table in QlikView that reloads on a daily basis and and it will show records based on a date condition. For Example.

This is the table in the database.

Order Table:

Order Number      Expected Delivery     Sales Person                    Email

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0001                       8/2/2016               John                    John@company.com

0002                       8/2/2016               Mark                    Mark@company.com

0003                       6/4/2016               Joseph                 Joseph@company.com

Below is how the Straight table in QlikView would look and it's called "Reminder". It will only show records of the orders that have a delivery date of two weeks from now.

so it will show this today (25th of Jan), but tomorrow it will be blank because that condition is not met anymore.

Reminder Table:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0001                       8/2/2016               John                    John@company.com

0002                       8/2/2016               Mark                    Mark@company.com

My Question is, How can i set up a task that sends an email to each of the sales persons using the email fields in the table through Nprinting?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bashar,

What you are trying to accomplish seems doable using conditional filters.  I have attached a link to a thread with instructions for setting them up.  I would start there and if you come across a specific issue that you can't resolve, post it back here and we will see if we can help you solve it.

QlikView NPrinting Tutorials - Conditional Execution

Regards,

Mike

bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I went through the link you shared, but I couldn't find anything that would accomplish what I'm trying to do, or maybe I didn't understand it well. I'll try to explain in more detail what it is I want Nprintng to do, if you still think that way is the right way, i'll look more into it.

Basically, when a day passes and the Reminder table becomes like this:

Reminder Table:

Lets say I set up a schedule everyday at 8 am to check the reminder table and if it has data (For example, the above) then I want an email to be sent to John as the following:

"Dear John,

Please note that your order numbered 0001 is two weeks from reaching the expected delivery date"

and Mark would receive :

"Dear Mark,

Please note that your order numbered 0002 is two weeks from reaching the expected delivery date"

Thanks for your help

Stephen_Jasionowski

Bashar -

Mike has you going down the right path. Specifically, refer to this document and the example it contains: How to Control Report Generation with Conditions

In our training repository, we have an Excel report set up using a condition based upon whether or not a QlikView table contains values. Our example is a table that only shows salespeople who have exceeded $250K in sales, but you already have that logic set up for your exception table.

You will want to create a condition in NPrinting using your exception table as the chart ID and then selecting "has values" from the drop-down as shown here:

Capture.JPG

Attach the condition to the report template being used for the data in the email. From here you would also want to load recipient data for your salespeople into NPrinting, including their names, email addresses and presumably any filters you would want associated with them (e.g. a certain territory for which they should see data).

You can also set up a filter on the sales person name or email address so that John only sees his order data, Mark only sees his, and so on.

The next step is to create a report task that includes the conditional report and the sales people that are part of the relevant data set.

This way, when you set up a report task involving the conditional report, it will first check to see if there is any data in the exception table, and if so, then create an email and report for each sales person in the table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, now that I think about it, you don't really need to use conditions.  Using Set Analysis in QV you should be able to create a static table with only the records that need to get reminders and NPrinting can send to all records it finds in that table.

So, create your cyclic report in Word or whatever template you want to use and run it on your scheduler after your refresh loads.

marishnagendran
Creator
Creator

Hi Bashar,

You had a solution for this?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @marishnagendran 

This topic is to old to discuss in this thread. Too much has changed since it was posted.

Please open new topic, provide detailed description of the versions yu use, setup, QlikView or Qlik Sense, NPrinting versions. Please provide correct labels of versions you are using.

When creating post please describe your requirements and support them with screenshots, mockups and samples 

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.