Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orli-Liveu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sending report automatically to multiple users (Not by Excel)

Hi,

I would like to send my report to the relevant users automatically. (The list of users change frequency)

The list of users are under a variable or dimension in my application in Qlik. 

I don't want to add the users in the manually way to Nprinting (not by group and not by importing them from excel file)

I need to do it automatically.

There is a way to send the report to variable in Qlik that contain the names of the users?

Thanks!

Qlik NPrinting

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Orli-Liveu

To achieve your requirement then I suggest you consider using NPrinting user management, NP User filters, NP group management via the NPrinting recipient import process.

If email recipients are changing and filtered reports are needed, then you can manage recipients and groups using the Recipient import process

I suggest:

This may not be exactly what you were hoping for but this is a way to accomplish your requirement.

It will require daily management of the NPrinting recipient import file to update NP group memberships, manage users and user filters, as needed.

However, the NP import task itself can be automated by setting it to run on a scheduled 'Trigger'.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jacob_Poole
Contributor III
Contributor III

You could create the variable in your Qlik app, and use that variable in the publish task in Nprinting.   On the To: line of the email, in the add variable drop down there is a Qlik variable option, select the one you've set up.  

Be aware that doing so eliminates the user based features of Nprinting. 

Orli-Liveu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

First, Thank you!

So the relevant users will receive the report according to the variable show on the To:

But, I need that every user will see the filtered data in the report csv by his name (by the same variable I will write on the To: ), it possible?

(I did it manually to a single user by made a filter with the values: "Value is" : name_of_the user)

Thanks!

Jacob_Poole
Contributor III
Contributor III

It sounds like you want the functionality of the Nprinting user filters without having to manage the Nprinting users.  I'm not certain of how your app is structured, but I don't think the variable method alone will filter the results of the report for each recipient.  Maybe someone else will chime in with another option. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Orli-Liveu

To achieve your requirement then I suggest you consider using NPrinting user management, NP User filters, NP group management via the NPrinting recipient import process.

If email recipients are changing and filtered reports are needed, then you can manage recipients and groups using the Recipient import process

I suggest:

This may not be exactly what you were hoping for but this is a way to accomplish your requirement.

It will require daily management of the NPrinting recipient import file to update NP group memberships, manage users and user filters, as needed.

However, the NP import task itself can be automated by setting it to run on a scheduled 'Trigger'.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!