Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Sending report to HUB when user is not a Domain user?

Im working through my delivery options for the reports and have come across this situation.

I have a user who has a licence on Qlik Sense but is not part of the AD Directory but rather one I have created myself.

When I publish the task it tells me the user cannot receive

Nprinting Task Identity    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    Cannot publish to Sense Hub: Cannot publish to hub for user <User> which has no domain account  

Is that right? If yes why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gianluca_Perin
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy,

this message means that this NPrinting <User> doesn't have a domain account configured in his NPrinting User profile (and it makes sense since he's not part of AD). Therefore it cannot be used as a recipient for Hub destination.

Best

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gianluca_Perin
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy,

this message means that this NPrinting <User> doesn't have a domain account configured in his NPrinting User profile (and it makes sense since he's not part of AD). Therefore it cannot be used as a recipient for Hub destination.

Best

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Why does that make sense?

Are you saying only Domain users access the hub? We have client users that are stored in their own UDC and not pat of our Domain.

Surely reporting on the HUB is about having a User on the Sense Server that can login to the HUB not down to a particular authentication model?

I cant use Newsstand as there is no SSO method of login at present so im very limited to my delivery methods.

Not applicable

Can I add an user @ his email only to receive a report, but without specify domain/account?

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can choose to deliver an email to an user. It's not necessary to link this user to a domain account.

users.png

My other users are linked to a domain account.

J8
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, are there any other settings i need to apply to make this work.  I tested this by sending to my yahoo account but got an error:

Failed to send email for user 1a74210d-5143-4d45-8c0b-4f3bea50b468. ERROR: 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @J8 

your error is not even NPrinting error and it is response from SMTP server. At the same time this topic is talking about completly different issue (posting to Qlik Sense HUB and not email).

Your error indicates that your smtp server does not allow to send reports to users from outside of your domain. Talk to your SMTP (email) server admin to resolve this.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
J8
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you!