Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

ogster1974
Honored Contributor II

Sending report to HUB when user is not a Domain user?

Im working through my delivery options for the reports and have come across this situation.

I have a user who has a licence on Qlik Sense but is not part of the AD Directory but rather one I have created myself.

When I publish the task it tells me the user cannot receive

Nprinting Task Identity    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    Cannot publish to Sense Hub: Cannot publish to hub for user <User> which has no domain account  

Is that right? If yes why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gpr
Contributor III

Re: Sending report to HUB when user is not a Domain user?

Hi Andy,

this message means that this NPrinting <User> doesn't have a domain account configured in his NPrinting User profile (and it makes sense since he's not part of AD). Therefore it cannot be used as a recipient for Hub destination.

Best

4 Replies
gpr
Contributor III

Hi Andy,

this message means that this NPrinting <User> doesn't have a domain account configured in his NPrinting User profile (and it makes sense since he's not part of AD). Therefore it cannot be used as a recipient for Hub destination.

Best

ogster1974
Honored Contributor II

Why does that make sense?

Are you saying only Domain users access the hub? We have client users that are stored in their own UDC and not pat of our Domain.

Surely reporting on the HUB is about having a User on the Sense Server that can login to the HUB not down to a particular authentication model?

I cant use Newsstand as there is no SSO method of login at present so im very limited to my delivery methods.

Not applicable

Can I add an user @ his email only to receive a report, but without specify domain/account?

woutermak
Contributor III

You can choose to deliver an email to an user. It's not necessary to link this user to a domain account.

users.png

My other users are linked to a domain account.

Community Browser