Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablomind
Creator
Creator

Sending two o more reports to one user from an only report template in NPrinting 17.3

Hi everybody,

This is a problem I'd been having since a while now. In Nprinting 17 I have create a report template that it suppose to fill up with info from differents Hotels in my database. Till this point everything perfect. I also a have a list of more than 300 users. My hotels are filters that I assigned to each user using the excel template import task, the problem start when I have the need from this only report template sending info of two or more hotels to a single user. I cant create two users with the same name nor the same email, I even have try assigning more than one hotel filters to a single user but that doesnt work either, so in a point of no return. I cant create different reports to this only user to accomplished this need cause I have hundreds of users that will mean creating hundreds of report. Does anyone knows a workaround to accomplished this?

5 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do you have an example of your user filters.
I have similar cases where I use two values in a filter. So you will recieve the data of two Hotels.
Maybe you have to build a level in  your report to split your data so that you have an overview for Hotel a, and then Hotel b, and not a calculation of hotel a and b Together.

pablomind
Creator
Creator
Author

Im making my reports in a Power Point template where that option doesnt exist (I have seen in Excel templates though) so I dont know if that works for me.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do you have an example of your user filters?

Stephen_Jasionowski

You can do this in PowerPoint by using the page feature. You won't get separate documents, but you will get a PPTX with different slides for each hotel. Using the page feature in PowerPoint reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

The ability to create multiple reports for a user (cycle) is a gap feature that will be implemented later this year.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Can you associate your users with the hotels they are supposed to see in your app then create a user filter for each user and let that do the filtering. So you would have:

Userid=1

Rather than

Hotelid={4,7}