Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Analyst240
Contributor III
Contributor III

Separating data on tabs in Nprinting.

Hello,

I am looking to create a chart of data in Nprinting but have the chart split up data for multiple sheets. For example. 

I have a table that contains data for Locations A,B and C but I want to split that data up to A on page one, B on page 2, and C on page 3 with graphs for each. When I enter Nprinting and click to add the data from the table am I able to split it inside of Nprinting or do I have to create separate sheets of data before hand then import them individually? I find that would be pretty intensive if I have maybe 3 variables with multiple options each but maybe this just does not exist within Qlik Nprinting yet. 

I am currently using 

Qlik NPrinting June 2019

Version: 19.19.4.0

Thanks,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Analyst240 

The requirement you appear to be describing is available by using the Page option in the NP template editor.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/NPrinting-Features-Exc...

See section: Multi-page publishing: select a page

If this is not your requirement, please provide additional detail including perhaps a mock up of your expect report output results.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Analyst240 

The requirement you appear to be describing is available by using the Page option in the NP template editor.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/NPrinting-Features-Exc...

See section: Multi-page publishing: select a page

If this is not your requirement, please provide additional detail including perhaps a mock up of your expect report output results.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Analyst240
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Creating multiple pages is not my issue currently. I need a way to separate/filter data in qlik nprinting. I understand you cant do it upon delivery via email of data but as I set up the report to be sent out I would like to see a way to filter the information. As I import data from the Table. I was wondering if I could filter it to show Data for Location A on page 1 then filter to show location B on page 2 and location C on page 3.  Is this possible from Qlik Nprinting or does all of this information have to be split up within the report in qlik Sense before hand and imported separate into Nprinting? 

Thanks,

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think @Frank_S gave you the right solution to your issue. Please read the help site page linked by Frank.

By using the Pages feature you create a single worksheet with tables, charts and whatever you want to have and Qlik NPrinting will reproduce it filtered for every distinct value of the field you insert in the Pages node.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Analyst240
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi! So sorry I was thinking this was directing me to create multiple pages manually haha. I did find the page function you were talking about and its working perfectly. 

Thanks!