Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Server Requirement for N printing

Hi Techies,

I have configured shared persistence and made connection with Central node. My App size is 30 MB and user list is 300 users. Can anyone guide me how to calculate the best RAM and virtual cores config for Qlik Sense server and N Printing Server and what about if multiple N printing task runs concurrently ?

Thanks in advance!

Rohit

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting requirements are on the help site Planning your deployment ‒ Qlik NPrinting

There is also a page about performances Performance ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Rohit,

Currently, there are thousand of variables to calculate the amount or resources available on Qlik Nprinting environments.

I know how dificult is to define servers with this informations, but it´s the real world "today".

Like rpc mentioned, there are documents to help and videos displaying informations and possibles environments.

It´s important understand the customs and behaviors from users, how they will consume the informations, wich type of data must be loaded and sources to provide some insights about the environent and requirements.

Sorry, because this is what I can help you!

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I totally agree with 2 above mentioned comments. On top of that you have to build your Qlik app according to all best practices, take into account granularity of data, count of distinct values in all columns, check your data model etc etc etc.

You may want to use Qlik Scalability tools to measure how your Qlik Sense app is responding to tests and this wil mimic potential NPrinitng service hammering Qlik Server when reports are running.

Qlik Scalability

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
amarti
Partner - Contributor III

Hi all,

do you know if there is any available tool to calculate best server configuration for NPrinting connected to QV? 

Thanks!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Amarti.

There is no tool as it is not required. Hardware configuration will depend on what kind of reports you want to build, what QlikView application you want to connect it to and especially whether you are planning to use local or qvp connections.

Have you read below articles? Please spend some time studying them

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.h...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requir...

and also example like this, where a lot depends on design:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
amarti

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is this what you were looking for? That is not a proper tool and is more of a overview guidline.

This recommendation is very high level and does not take into account factors I mentioned. For example: as soon as you introduce Local connection to QlikView you you can put this recommendation in the bin.

So as i said before. It all depends, so be mindfull of that!

cheers

Lech

amarti

Hi Lech,

Sure you're right! but i only need a rough estimate in this moment.

Thanks,

Alessandro