cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shifted measures post September 2018 Update

Hello,

We proceeded to the upgrade of Nprinting from Nov 17 to Sep 18. I am now experiencing a strange behavior for all my Excel reports : some columns of Qlik Sense tables (it appears to only be measures, not dimensions) do not appear under the correct field column -> the data in the column does not correspond with the field header.

This issue is reported in the Nprinting September 2018 release notes (issue OP-7742). There is a workaound (explained in the note) that I tried to apply, but it showed no result !

Any ideas ?

Thank you!

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

As mentioned in the Release Notes, please edit the Qlik Sense app, switch two columns, and then place them back again in
the correct order. Then regenerate the connection cache.

This is necessary to force Qlik Sense to write some internal information used by Qlik NPrinting to correctly sort the columns.

Let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I did proceed as you said. Unfortunately, it didn't work!
I tried on 2 reports, 2 different apps/connexions, 1 App is published in a stream, the other isn't (No idea if it matters).
I repeated the operation 3 times with no success : switch 2 measures, switch 2 dimensions, switch 1 of each.

Do you have any other idea ?

Best Regards

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I guess if workaround does not work - open support ticket! 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please install the November 2018 version and test with it. There should be some improvements on this part. 

If this will not resolve please open a support ticket.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you both for your answers. We'll update to November 2018 and see if it works.
Can you confirm that these versions are compatible with Qlik Sense February 2018 ?

Best Regards

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes, nothing was changed in the compatibility list.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thank you!
We updated to november 2018 and retaking the steps of the workaround worked for some applications (On our our dev environment). However, it did not impact the published apps.

For published apps : I tried the following : Duplicate the app from QMC, switch columns then switch back to original state, publish and replace the app, reload the connexion cache. Without success

Any Idea how we can make it work for published apps ? 

Best Regards

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For published apps:

1. duplicate Qlik Sense app so it lands in your work stream,
  2. shift columns as required by workaround and save
  3. re-publish QS Apps (Publish and replace)
  4. regenerate NPrinitng metadata

I think that would do.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.