Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaper
Creator III
Creator III

Show Current Selections of multiple values from a field not working in Nprinting excel report

Hi all,

I am trying to display current selections of a field in excel report. Filter is applied for the report.I tried both ways as formula and through variable using below in template editor. It shows as Field = 5 of 20 instead of values in the report.

=getCurrentSelections(chr(13), ' = ',';')

&

=GetCurrentSelections(Field)

Thanks in Advance ,

Chai

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

There is an optional 4th parameter in GetCurrentSelections, which is how many values to display (the default is 6, and after that it shows x out of y).  Add your 4th parameter, and make it whatever you want the max to be, and that should solve the problem.

i.e. =getCurrentSelections(chr(13), ' = ', ';', 100)

Documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/FieldFunctions/ge...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@chaper 

Can you show a snapshot image with your actual results?

Also it's not clear to me what you mean by "I am trying to display current selections of a field in excel report"

• of a table field?
  • a formula or variable you are dragging into the report as tags?
  • an NP report cell? etc etc...
  • a text box object (which contains a formula using current selection syntax) dragged in as an image object?

Can you show which field (as an image).

Better yet, it would be useful to provide specific steps as to what you are doing from end to end (with accompanying images) so that we can all better understand the issue/requirement and provide a response accordingly.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Nicole-Smith

There is an optional 4th parameter in GetCurrentSelections, which is how many values to display (the default is 6, and after that it shows x out of y).  Add your 4th parameter, and make it whatever you want the max to be, and that should solve the problem.

i.e. =getCurrentSelections(chr(13), ' = ', ';', 100)

Documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/FieldFunctions/ge...

chaper
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Nicole-Smith  That's explains. I was just testing by adding one by one value and after 6 values it started showing as below.

Capture 2.JPG

So default getCurrentSelections() will show 6 values unless 4th parameter added.

Thanks ,

Chai