cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

Show / Hide Columns

I am aware that the Show Column if function from Qlik Sense to nPrinting does not work;

is there any other way to have columns on the Sense App hidden, yet displayed on the nPrint report?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, I actually disagree with that!

I understand that you will have 2 objects/2 tables but if you build your application and leverage master items (measures and dimensions) then change of master item will flow through to all charts in the application and you will not have to double your work to maintain that. 

At the end it is just down to keeping the best practices when building Qlik Sense app - isnt it?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use qlik sense container and have 2 tables. 1 for Qlik sense with columns you want to see in sense and one for Nprinting. You can setup conditional hide/show of objects in container which will allow you to make the one for nprinting invisible for users but still available for Nprinting report

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I thought of pretty much the same thing myself - but this requires duplicating the table and each would have its own object ID; and would have to be managed independently.
A change to the formula in one table would not be reflected in the other.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, I actually disagree with that!

I understand that you will have 2 objects/2 tables but if you build your application and leverage master items (measures and dimensions) then change of master item will flow through to all charts in the application and you will not have to double your work to maintain that. 

At the end it is just down to keeping the best practices when building Qlik Sense app - isnt it?

mjht
Creator
Creator

@Lech_Miszkiewicz wrote:

Use qlik sense container and have 2 tables. 1 for Qlik sense with columns you want to see in sense and one for Nprinting. You can setup conditional hide/show of objects in container which will allow you to make the one for nprinting invisible for users but still available for Nprinting report

According to the help file - this option not be supported.  Although I have read conflicting lists about what is and is not supported -  I am just reporting here what I read most recently

June 2020 Qlik Objects Not Supported 

Some objects are not supported in Qlik NPrinting. These are:

• Always one selected value for fields
  • Calculated conditions
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Drill-down dimensions
  • Alternate states
  • From the Dashboard bundle: Show/hide container and tabbed container extension
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @mjht ,

You could also evaluate to create an app only for reporting and add on it only the charts and data you need to create the reports. So normal users will not see it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your reply to my post; you are right in that I just needed to re-work my tables and measures to leverage the Master Dimensions. Was a task I had put off and I should have done from the beginning. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@mjht 

You are right, that is exactly whats in help document, but read it again...

My solution arguably meets all requirements. I was rather talking about build in container which is supported and my approach would be that for admin users / NPrinting users this object will be always available anyway. 

I can see scenarios when this may not be supported (like when using section access and data reduction based on section access as in this case NPrinting will be impersonating a user who would not have an access to an object). I am greatly simplifying this but so far in my testing that is how it works. 

Ruggero's suggestion to create dedicated app is my usual approach though and I would suggest using it.

I will do some more testing to see how it works and behaves.

cheers