Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nissar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Show certain image based on value

Hi,

I am quite new into this, so bear with me 🙂

I have  QVW file, where I have sheet that contains four text box objects with 4 different logos residing in these, one in each text box object. Three of the logos belong to three different customers and one belongs to own company.

In my QVW, I have other sheets and objects that show data for each of the customers when selected or all if unselected.

Now, in NPrinting Designer (November 2018), I have created a front page, where I want own company logo to always be shown, while the other three logos I want to be dynamic. So, if I have a filter in my report for Customer A, then I want Customer A's logo to be shown, and if I have a filter on Customer B, then Customer B logo and so on.

What should I do?

I would rather not create a different report for each customer, only because of the logo.

Thank you!

Br,

Nissar

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What kind of template are you developing?

For PixelPerfec you could give a check at the document  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting...

If you are working with Excel you could check https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Add-external-images-into-and-Excel-report/ta-... made with QlikView data.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since you are using qlikview this is very easy. Create in qlikview textobject with dynamic reference to image based on selection. You may use „bundle load” to do this or simply use dynamic regerence to image based on selection.
This way logic sits purely in qlikview.
In Nprinting you then bring in this one/single object.
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Nissar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the input. Since I am a complete newbie, would it be something you can show? I don't know how to make dynamic references?

Basically, this is what I want:

1. One image to be shown regardless of any selected values. This would be replaced by my company's logo.
  2. Image A  to be shown if I select value A. This would be replaced by a customer logo. Meaning if Customer A is selected, then Image A is shown together with the image mentioned in step 1 (own company logo).
  3. Image B to be shown if I select value B. This would be replaced by another customer logo. Meaning if Customer B is selected, then this image is shown together with the image mentioned in step 1 (own company logo).

Could you possible create a QVW file showing this to me, so I understand the logic. I would then take it from there, as I have nearly 50 customer logos that need to be incoorporated.

I have figured out how to use the NPrinting part.

Thank you!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What kind of template are you developing?

For PixelPerfec you could give a check at the document  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting...

If you are working with Excel you could check https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Add-external-images-into-and-Excel-report/ta-... made with QlikView data.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Nissar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli , I am working to generate automated reports per customer in Excel.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, my second link could be useful for you.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Nissar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli  is there a way to not store the images in a drive? Won't it be possible to create a sheet in QVW file and store them there?