Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Some cycled reports generates with __FAILED__

Hi,

I get these issues when trying to cycle a report over a dimension. And for each run I get different reports that fails, so there seems to be no consistency between the runs. 

I have checked the documentation in https://support.qlik.com/articles/000086598 and followed the list of suggestions.

I have no user filters and only a few object filters in the report. The object filters do not conflict in the Qlik Sense application where the data is being fetched from. 

But since it is different reports that failes for each run it shouldn't be the filter that conflicts with the cycled dimension in my opinion.

Skärmklipp1.PNG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

November 2020 solves the following bug (from official Release Notes):

PowerPoint report generation failed
Sometime PowerPoint report generation failed with the error message "System.InvalidOperationException:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute".

If you did not upgrade your September 2020 please do it, thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Some suggestions:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

The client is using Qlik Sense September 2020 and there are no issues with the hardware resources. 

From the engine logs (the only log that has been updated with the issue) says the same thing as in the NPrinting task overview: ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

I have tested different scenarios to try to pinpoint the issue:

1) Created a completely empty powerpoint report, added one table, and draged the table out to the sheet. That works without any issues when doing the cycle. I repeated this test numerous times to be sure this works without any issues.

2) Created a completely empty powerpoint report, added one table, and created a barchart with the data from that table. That gives me this __FAILED__ issue.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Has the source table something unsupported like calculated dimensions of conditions? Refer to  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

No, the source table has nothing unsupported. The data in the qlik sense application is a regular straight table with a normal dimension loaded from a qvd.

_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I just stumbled upon this. If I go in to "Edit data" for the bar chart and drag the area so it is bigger than where I have put my measures + some dummy data I get the same error when I try to save and close the template editor:

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Don't know if this actually means something, but maybe it can be something?

And yes, I have tried to drag the area to just cover A2:D2, still same issue when I run the task.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

November 2020 solves the following bug (from official Release Notes):

PowerPoint report generation failed
Sometime PowerPoint report generation failed with the error message "System.InvalidOperationException:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute".

If you did not upgrade your September 2020 please do it, thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Perfect! Thank you! Will talk to the client about upgrading then.