Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzaanbarnard
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Some reports failed to generate due to no data being available

Hi,

I have a report with a filter but in some cases, there are no data available. The following message then appears:

Some reports failed to generate:

• Report "Test" with output format DOC

Please contact your administrator for further details

Is there a way to change this error message?

Labels (1)
11 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, have you tried to set acondition for the report?, this condition can check for data in the chart, if there is no data omit the generation of the report.
suzaanbarnard
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi, so the main thing is I still want the report to run whether there is data or not, I just want the message to be changed  

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

i'm guessing that this isnt possible? i'd also still like to geenrate and send the report even if it contains no data

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is a very old conversation, things could be changed in two years so I suggest to open a new conversation. 

Please check https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1614873586574.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @suzaanbarnard 

There is a good chance that you have an older report that uses the original NPrinting default settings which does not permit reports to be generated when there is no data in a chart.

From April 2018 a new option to use charts with no data was introduced but for reports created before April 2018 release of NPrinting, you have to go back into the report and select:
Generate report. Invalid content will be replaced with placeholder images.

Error handling.PNG

This is a new feature/error handling section starts from April 2018 that provides more flexibility. The previous default behavior which I think you  are experiencing is ' Do not generate report. Report generation will fail until the issue resolved.'

Lastly new reports default to Generate report. Invalid content will be replaced with placeholder images.

However reports developed before April 2018 need to be updated accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Frank_S ,

That option is related to object filters only. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes @Ruggero_Piccoli 

They may have an object filter applied.

As such, changing the option mentioned is a possibility to solve the issue.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

@Frank_S Yes, I agree but better to specify that it is for object filters only. The UI doesn't specify this.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Frank_S
Support
Support

Perhaps we should update the UI then.

We can take this offline to discuss further...thanks