Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryk_budzynski
Partner
Partner

Sorting Levels in Pixel Perfect

Hi All I have created a level 'State' in an NPrinting Pixel Perfect report to create a report section per state. The problem is I want to be able to sort the sections by another field (State Sort Order) but can't see where to do this. It is defaulting to an alphabetical sort order. I tried creating State as a Dual but then found there is an issue where only the numeric component is displayed. Any ideas? Thanks Ryk
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi, Put a State field into a straight table, apply sorting on that table to your liking and use a table as a level in Pixel Perfect template. Make sure you refresh metadata beforehand. cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi, Put a State field into a straight table, apply sorting on that table to your liking and use a table as a level in Pixel Perfect template. Make sure you refresh metadata beforehand. cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ryk_budzynski
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Lech - how do you then bind the state in the detail reports within the table level, to the state column of the table? When I had the level just as a field, the selection on state was implicit and so the detail reports were filtered accordingly.

Thanks, Ryk.

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

I am not sure what do you mean by: "When I had the level just as a field, the selection on state was implicit and so the detail reports were filtered accordingly"  - The same is going to happen when you create level based on that straight table in QlikView or Qlik Sense with State as dimension...

Just like in documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Add-Totals...

ryk_budzynski
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Lech

My mistake - I'd forgotten to re-add the report tables as levels under the new table level - all working now. Many thanks for your help.

Ryk